Garth Brooks, Cirque Du Soleil headline mega-weekend in Glendale
It’s going to be a “super Saturday” on March 23 as Glendale’s Sports and Entertainment District hosts five major events — including Garth Brooks and Cirque Du Soleil — which are anticipated to attract more than 100,000 visitors to the West Valley’s premier entertainment destination.
First up, the acrobats of Cirque Du Soleil will thrill audiences under the big top outside State Farm Stadium with two performances of Amaluna. Next up, baseball. The Chicago White Sox and the Los Angeles Dodgers go head-to-head at their spring training home, Camelback Ranch-Glendale. Rounding out the day, two of country music’s most popular sweethearts will wow fans at State Farm Stadium. First, Trisha Yearwood hosts a tailgating extravaganza where fans can sample signature recipes and check out her home collection line. Finally, topping off the night is country music legend Garth Brooks whose North American Stadium Tour is expected to set an attendance record at State Farm Stadium. It is anticipated to be the biggest concert ever in Arizona!
In all, more than 100,000 sports, entertainment and music fans are expected to gather in Glendale for this mega-weekend, headlined by #GARTHinGLENDALE. For those attending events or if you just want to be a part of the action, here are the things YOU need to know!
Come Early and Stay Late
There’s plenty to do at Westgate Entertainment District and Tanger Outlets. Enjoy some shopping or tease your taste buds with an assortment of 29 upscale, casual-themed bars and restaurants. Several of Westgate’s restaurants near the waterdance fountain will have expanded al fresco seating, games and live music to welcome visitors. And the TangerStyle promotion is in full swing, get up to 25% off at participating merchants.
• Avoid heavy traffic and arrive between noon and 2 p.m.
• Better yet, let someone else drive. Lyft to the event using promo code STATEFARMSTADIUM for $5 off your first 4 rides. Rideshare drop-off locations by destination:
Westgate – drop-off north of AMC Theatres, accessible from Glendale Avenue at Sunrise Boulevard & Sunset Boulevard.
Stadium – drop off in Black Lot accessible from Cardinals Way and Loop 101.
• If you are coming from the East Valley, consider taking SR51 or Loop 101 North to avoid construction delays on I-10 West. Get the latest on restrictions at https://az511.gov.
• If you are coming from Scottsdale, Loop 101 is closed from Pima to Scottsdale Rd. Plan an alternate route or allow extra time.
• Bring a cooler and some snacks and “tailgate” at the Great Lawn starting at 3 p.m.
• Check your bags…remember the Clear Bag Policy is in effect. If using a rideshare service, make sure your belongings adhere to the policy, there will be no provisions for checking bags anywhere in the area. Tanger Outlets is offering a free clear tote while supplies last.
Prefer to Drive? Have a Parking Plan!
• Convenient parking is available in the Glendale Entertainment District including State Farm Stadium and Westgate.
• Before 1 p.m., parking is free at Westgate parking lots for patrons only. After
• 1 p.m., parking at Westgate is on a first-come, first-served basis (pre-purchase parking passes are not available).
• Westgate’s parking validation program WILL NOT be in effect on this day (parking receipts cannot be redeemed at Westgate stores & restaurants).
• Neighborhood parking is strictly prohibited.
• Cirque Du Soleil and Trisha’s Tailgate ticket holders, use the directions on your Parking JuJu pass.
• Purchase parking passes in advance at https://parkingjuju.com/.
• Plan on $20.00 parking fee, no matter where you park.
• Speed up the process with cash and exact change, but credit cards will be accepted.
• Do not rely on GPS or your favorite apps, as they do not take into account how to access specific lots.
• Freeway signs will have information on quickest exit.
• After exiting, follow roadway information signs and police directions.
• Follow @GlendaleAZPD on Twitter for event day traffic updates.
• For more information, visit these websites.