The Eighth Annual Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Horses & Horsepower returns more impressive than ever on November 10-11, 2018 at WestWorld of Scottsdale. After a record-breaking 2017, 2018 promises to be the best yet.
Whether it’s an event first or an old favorite, here are the “Top 18 Reasons” to attend The 2018 Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Presented by Talking Stick Resort:
18. Ralph Lauren model and world-famous polo player, Nacho Figueras will make his debut at the event with the three-time defending champions, the Aspen Valley Polo Club.
17. Attendees can enjoy new cultural performances during periods of polo play including: The Phoenix Symphony (showcasing Mozart), Phoenix Theatre with some of the great Broadway musical songs of all time, bagpipes performance by Ford Dudley, Phoenix Opera, and the Phoenix Boys Choir.
16. The Arizona Humane Society Canine Couture: A Dog Fashion Show Like No Other, Presented by Lugari Pet Salon will take place for the fourth consecutive year on Saturday.
15. The launching of the brand new “Polo Party Pilsner” being brewed and debuted in coordination with Grand Canyon Brewing Company.
14. The Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction will be on-site for its seventh year in a row, showcasing some amazing horsepower and a great preview of the upcoming auction in January.
13. New DJ-infused party tents courtesy of the Scottsdale-based Riot Hospitality Group including Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row, El Hefe and Riot House.
12. Taking place on Saturday between polo action is the “World’s Farthest Rugby Sevens Match” led by Arizona State University’s rugby team. Watch amazing rugby action played on what may be the longest field ever utilized for a rugby sevens match, nearly two and half times longer than normal.
11. The World’s “Longest” Catwalk Fashion Show, produced by Phoenix Fashion Week. This will include over 100 models on a catwalk that will stretch nearly 200 yards from west to east across the field.
10. The Apex Cup, courtesy of the landmark new Apex Motor Club in Maricopa, Arizona, a country club for car enthusiasts. The Apex Cup will recognize the top cars on site which will include collector cars courtesy of Barrett-Jackson, Ferrari Club of Arizona, Porsche Club, Scottsdale Corvette Club, Arizona Classic Thunderbird Club, AZ Lamborghini Club, Corvette Club of America, as well as cars of Apex members and dozens of other Arizona car owners.
9. Hall Pass, the country’s most unusual pop-up sports bar will debut, allowing sports fans to enjoy football and other games on televisions throughout the day, amidst the beautiful backdrop of polo and the McDowell Mountains.
8. The all-new F.A.B .Tent, standing for fashion, art and beauty, featuring a pop-up art gallery by the Scottsdale-based Larsen Art Gallery and Auction, sideline pedicures by the Talking Stick Resort Spa, fashion displays by Evan’s Furs and LoveOverH8, a socially conscious clothing line by local resident Cheryl Najafi, and more.
7. An expanded event presence by Red Bull, which last year deployed its skydiving team prior to a match.
6. A second, mid-field skybox on the north side of the Wells Fargo Private Bank Polo Field courtesy of Talking Stick Resort.
5. Scottsdale’s first appearance of Memo Gracida, widely considered to be one of the top two players in the history of polo as well as teams from Italy, Malibu, Palm Beach, and Wales. They will join the Arizona Polo Club, Polo Azteca and Work To Ride, the first all African-American high school polo champions in American history.
4. The summation of the event will be The International on Sunday afternoon, the highest goal match played during the weekend featuring the best players throughout the event. These will include Nacho Figueras, Memo Gracida, Juan Bollini, Pete Webb and others.
3. A preview of the 2019 Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show.
2. Expanded general admission tents including Riot House, Whiskey Row, Sanderson Lincoln Black Label Lounge, Hall Pass, F.A.B. Tent, N2 Publications, The Mark Taylor Residential Luxury Living Room, along with access to two skyboxes. There are also three different VIP experiences: The Barrett-Jackson Champagne & Jazz Lounge, Prime: A Luxury Tent Experience by Steak 44 , Neiman Marcus & Barrett-Jackson, and the Molina Fine Jewelers Drivers & Players VIP Lounge.
1. A brand new way to experience the event and watch polo play, field side couples cabanas that include a bottle of champagne.
All tickets, tables and tailgating for the 2018 event are now on sale at ThePoloParty.com or call 480.423.1414.