The holidays are right around the corner and The Wigwam in Phoenix’s West Valley is prepared to deliver with celebrations, festive dining, and fun-filled entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. From the day after Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day, the storied 440-acre desert oasis will be the perfect spot for locals and travelers to experience the most wonderful time of the year with time-honored traditions dating back 90 years to the resort’s opening on Thanksgiving Day 1929.
Families of the West Valley and beyond are welcomed to join in on holiday cheer at The Wigwam with a lineup of festive activities taking place throughout the season to fill the Southwestern oasis with spirit:
The Season of Giving
• The resort will be aglow the day after Thanksgiving with the Annual Tree Lighting. In addition to a special visit from Santa, families will enjoy holiday crafts, live music, a kids’ play area, and treats for a sweet start to the season. Spread the joy of the season with a donation of new and unwrapped toys, stuffed animals, books, and games to the Toy Drive for Goodyear Firefighter Charities in partnership with Hilger’s Pediatric Dentistry and Hilger’s Orthodontics of nearby Goodyear, Ariz.. Friday, November 29, 5:30pm-8pm
• Every Friday in December, families are welcomed to gather on the front lawn of The Wigwam for Holiday Nights in Lights. Each evening will unfold with S’mores around the fire, photo opps with Santa, and more. Guests can also embark on festive train rides for $1 per trip, all of which will be donated to United Goodyear Firefighter Charities. In lieu of a ride, guests can opt to donate new and unwrapped toys, stuffed animals, books, and games to the Toy Drive for Goodyear Firefighter Charities in partnership with Hilger’s Pediatric Dentistry and Hilger’s Orthodontics. Fridays, December 6, 13 & 20, 6pm-8pm.
Holiday Cheer for All
• Little ones can enjoy some quality time with St. Nick throughout the holiday season with Breakfast with Santa at Litchfield’s, featuring a delicious breakfast buffet and holiday crafts to please palates young and old. Saturdays from November 30-December 21, 9am-11am, and Sundays from December 8-December 22, 9am-11am. $25/adult, $12/child (ages 4-12), 3-and-under/complimentary.
• Bring the whole family to Red’s Bar & Grill to write letters to Santa and decorate Christmas cookies. The modern and laid-back dining establishment serving soul-warming American dishes boasts an al fresco patio where adults can relax over burgers, craft cocktails, and local microbrews as the little ones write holiday wishes and indulge their sweet tooth. Thursdays, December 5, 12 & 19, 5pm-9pm
• Children’s eyes will light up with delight when receiving Elf Stocking Deliveries from The Wigwam, hand delivered by Santa’s Elf himself. Stockings come filled with a stuffed animal, sweet treat, perfect for bedtime, personalized letter from Santa, and handy supplies for a reply letter. Elf Stocking Deliveries available Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays, December 7-22, from 5pm-8pm; $20/child.
• Learn the art of easy-going entertaining with Holiday Cooking Classes at Litchfield’s. The program will feature chef-led demonstrations, cocktail making, and a menu tasting for participants, all choreographed to reveal how relaxed, lovely, and elegant the season’s best dining can be. $75/person, Sunday, December 15, 3pm-5pm.
• The Wigwam will reward the hungriest holiday appetites with Christmas Eve Dining at Litchfield’s, featuring a special three-course prix fixe menu of holiday favorites accompanied by live music by local pianist Bob Dudley. December 24 from 4pm-8pm; $62/adult, $22/child (ages 4-12), 3-and-under/complimentary.
• The resort will double down for Christmas Day dining, starting with a hearty Christmas Buffet in The Wigwam Ballroom for the entire family to enjoy along with live piano music, followed by Christmas Dinner at Litchfield’s, featuring a three-course prix fixe menu and holiday tunes by pianist Bob Sheade. Lunch Buffet, 12pm-4pm, $54/adult, $22/child (ages 4-12), 3-and-under/complimentary. Dinner, 3pm-7pm, $62/adult, $22/child (ages 4-12), 3-and-under/complimentary.
A Toast to 2020
• Guests can choose from three New Year’s Eve celebrations to ring in 2020. Settle in for a special four-course prix fixe dinner with a glass of sparkling wine at Litchfield’s from 5pm-10pm ($68/person). All generations are welcome to celebrate at Red’s Bar & Grill from 7pm-10pm with live music, family-friendly patio games, and big screen TV’s to watch the ball drop. Those looking to dance their way into 2020 can do so with a drink in hand at The Wigwam Bar from 7pm-12am with live music by the Fabulous Keen Brothers.
Guests looking to make the most of the spirit of the season while staying at The Wigwam can book the Holiday Family Fun Package featuring a nightly $50 resort credit that can be used towards any holiday dining celebrations, including Breakfast with Santa and Christmas Dinner. To satisfy the holiday sweet tooth, the offer also includes a complimentary S’mores kit to be enjoyed by the fire pit and in-room evening milk and cookies. Holiday Family Fun Package available for stays between November 22, 2019 and January 4, 2020. Not valid with any other offers. Blackout dates apply & based on availability.
Resort rates from $199. For bookings, dinner reservations or more information on The Wigwam call (833) 721-5047 or visit www.wigwamarizona.com.