active teen female soccer portraits
Phoenix Rising FC helps create youth soccer clubs
Phoenix Rising Football Club announced today a joint non-profit venture with Scottsdale Soccer Blackhawks, one of Arizona’s largest independent youth soccer clubs for boys and girls, to create Phoenix Rising FC Youth Soccer Clubs. As a result, for the first time in Arizona’s history, youth soccer players will have a direct path to the highest level of professional soccer in Arizona and access to Phoenix Rising FC’s professional soccer players, coaches, resources and international experience.
“This is an incredible milestone for Phoenix Rising FC and youth soccer in Arizona,” said Berke Bakay, Phoenix Rising FC governor. “The opportunities Phoenix Rising FC Youth Soccer Clubs will provide to boys and girls in Arizona are immeasurable. This is yet another step in demonstrating our commitment to soccer in Arizona, and we couldn’t be happier than to collaborate with such a successful and reputable organization like Scottsdale Soccer.”
Scottsdale Soccer Blackhawks is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1981 that provides soccer experiences for all children and supports the development of student athletes in the community. The organization operates soccer clubs in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Desert Foothills and Prescott providing recreational programs to approximately 3,500 kids and competitive programs for over 1,800 more. Additionally, Scottsdale Soccer provides opportunities for economically disadvantaged children to play competitive soccer and has funded scholarships for more than 400 kids during the past six years.
“The ownership group of Phoenix Rising FC has worked hard over the last several years to bring soccer to the forefront in Arizona, and since we share the same goal, it made perfect sense to join forces,” said Van Robinson, Scottsdale Soccer Blackhawks board president. Our commitment has always been to helping kids achieve their athletic potential, and we are excited about being able to provide youth in Arizona even more opportunities to become accomplished players with a foundation and path to collegiate and professional soccer.”
Under the direction of Phoenix Rising FC Head Coach, Patrice Carteron and Phoenix Rising FC co-owner and world-famous player, Didier Drogba, The new Phoenix Rising FC Youth Soccer Clubs will provide Arizona youth soccer players and coaches with a proven developmental curriculum and a direct pathway to achieving the highest level of professional soccer.
Phoenix Rising FC Youth Soccer Clubs will provide the following soccer development path:
- Recreational teams for new and progressing soccer players.
- Competitive teams for players advancing to compete at the state, regional and national levels.
- Elite Club National League teams for players capable of competing on a regional and national level.
- A College Advisory Program that facilitates the best possible placements for players interested in competing at the collegiate level.
- A men’s Premier Development League (PDL) team, FC Tucson.
- A Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL) team, FC Tucson.
- United Soccer League (USL) Division 3 professional team launching in Tucson during 2019.
- United Soccer League (USL) professional soccer team, Phoenix Rising FC, also currently an applicant for Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise expansion.