Every year, Scottsdale’s sunny skies and lush desert landscape get a whole lot brighter with millions of twinkling lights, holiday festivities aglow and an abundance of seasonal cheer. You won’t want to miss Scottsdale’s holiday happenings and its transformation into the ultimate winter desert dreamland. Here’s how to enjoy the holiday season in Scottsdale:
• Scottsdazzle (through Jan. 1, 2021) has returned to Old Town for a month-long holiday extravaganza offering family-friendly Letters to Santa, a Holiday Tree Lighting and Sing-Along, and Holiday Movie Nights. The dazzling event also features culinary demonstrations and activities, plus breathtaking public art installations and a stunning illuminated Christmas tree at the Scottsdale Waterfront.
• A festive Scottsdale tradition, Christmas at the Princess (through Dec. 31) offers a winter wonderland so enchanting, visitors will forget they’re in the desert. Activities include a real ice Desert Ice Rink, Lagoon Lights seen from the Princess Express Train, Holiday Character appearances and photos with Santa. Plus, Enchanted Plaza Shows, S’mores Land, and private rentals for rink-side fire pits and brand new Winterland Igloos make for even more fun for the whole family. This year all spaces have been expanded for greater social distancing.
• Las Noches de las Luminarias (select dates through Dec. 31) at Desert Botanical Garden is a holiday feast for the eyes featuring more than 8,000 flickering luminaria bags lining the Garden’s trails. There’s nothing like seeing the desert’s flora and fauna in a different light.
• Lights at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park (through Jan. 3, 2021) is sure to delight the little ones! All aboard the Paradise & Pacific Railroad as it makes its way through the park and traverses thousands of twinkling, colorful lights. New this year, to adhere to Covid-19 safety protocols, the event will feature one-hour blocks at 6 p.m., 7:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. nightly and rides will be operated at 50% capacity.
• Holiday Lights at Salt River Fields (through Dec. 31), a drive-through experience featuring five million lights spread across 1.2 miles, is ready to make its debut! Go all out and make holiday memories with a private carriage ride.
• Coach House Tavern is not only Scottsdale’s oldest dive bar, but a holiday must for many locals. For more than 25 years, the Bower Family has draped their landmark bar in garland, gift wrap, tinsel, candy canes, bows and more than 12,000 lights to deliver the ultimate holiday spirit.
• Take a walk through ZooLights or Cruise the Zoo (through Jan. 31, 2021) at the Phoenix Zoo with gleaming lights, animal sculptures, 66 different creatures, music in motion light shows and new Wildlife Lantern Safari.
To unwrap more ideas on how to spend the holidays in Scottsdale, visit HolidaysinScottsdale.com, a one-stop shop for finding special offers, holiday details and seasonal festivities.
W Scottsdale offers 12 Deals of December
W Scottsdale just launched the 12 Deals of December at its AWAY Spa. These deals launch today and will be available throughout the entire month of December. The discounted services range from full body treatments to facials, makeup and products.
Locals can reserve the treatments online, or stop by to purchase products during the AWAY Spa’s opening hours: Friday and Saturday from 11:00AM – 8:00PM and Sunday from 10:00AM – 4:00PM.
The 12 Deals of December at the AWAY Spa at W Scottsdale include:
1. Complimentary signature cocktail provided when booking Full Make Up
2. Quick Fix Combo $100: Quick Fix Massage & Beauty Boost ($130 value)
3. Treat Yo’Self Combo: 25% OFF a De-stress massage and Prescription Facial combo
4. $350 Detox Package: 50 minute Detox Massage, Detox Body and Detox Facial ($445 value)
5. 20% Off Above The Mask Package: Includes Bright Eyes treatment, Make-up Dusting, Wink lash application
6. 30% Off All Wax Services
7. 50% Off Glow Treatment with purchase of any massage or facial
8. $89 Mani & Pedi Essentials ($115 value)
9. 30% off Foreo UFO Smart Mask (take home facial)
10. 35% Off Skin Ceuticals and Dr. Dennis Gross Products (extra 10% discount if purchased with facial treatment)
11. BOGO 40% OFF any Davines hair product
12. RAFFLE OFF FOR FREE [comfort zone] Gift Set. Enter to win a free gift set when you receive a Detox, Facial, or Body Treatment. The raffle may be entered multiple times, with an additional raffle entry for each treatment received. The contest runs from December 4th – December 27th. The Winner will be contacted the morning of Sunday, December 27th to claim their prize!