In the evolving landscape of modern work and parenting, the demands of the family and the day job can and do interfere, and finding a satisfying balance between the two might feel like one of the most pressing challenges for the current generation of young parents. So, what is the best city for working parents in the U.S.
Our new analysis showcases the top 20 cities that offer the most conducive environments for working parents. Scattered across the continental U.S., these cities lead the pack in creating a blend of office careers and quality education infrastructure with accessible childcare – plus a parent-friendly work culture to tie the two together.
The main points for your area of interest:
- Scottsdale secured 8th place in the nation due to a family & work-friendly environment, while ranking third among the Western cities analyzed;
- The city ranked fifth-best by Work score, with the second-highest share of remote workers at 22%, while workers in remote-eligible jobs make up no less than 81% of the active population;
- In the Education category, Scottsdale’s strong suit was its average cost of center-based childcare that takes up 12% of the median household income, landing the city in 4th place in the country. For the same metric, Gilbert registered 11%, while Chandler came in at 13%;
- As for the Health & Environment category, the availability of green spaces was the city’s highest-ranking metric nationwide – 128 acres of green space for every thousand residents;
- The family-friendly work culture and above-average educational system made Washington, D.C. the best city overall for working parents.
Read more details on the top 20 U.S. cities in our story: https://www.coworkingcafe.com/blog/best-cities-for-working-parents/