Retail stores are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel as many take the first steps towards reopening in Arizona and California later this week.
Eager to welcome their customers back, the Valley’s favorite family of designer consignment stores My Sister’s Closet, Well Suited and My Sister’s Attic re-opened its Arizona stores last Friday. All stores are taking on recommended safety precautions to ensure their customers are safe while shopping.
The opening comes as Arizona Governor Ducey signed an executive order last week allowing retail stores to fully open beginning May 8th, as long as they abide by CDC-recommended guidelines.
Since the start of the shutdown, My Sister’s Closet was allowed to keep its doors open as they are a licensed pawn broker which was listed as an “essential business.” However, with the growing concerns surrounding social distancing, they decided to close their doors and ensure public health.
Since opening last Friday in Arizona, shoppers have already started coming inside the stores looking for that perfect Mother’s Day gift. Re-opening just in time for Mother’s Day on May 10th, My Sister’s Closet and My Sister’s Attic are here to help with some ideas to show your mom how much you love her and give Mom what she really wants this year.
Stores in California are expected to reopen on a limited basis this coming Friday. The stores have new policies in place to help keep its customers and employees safe.
• Before entering the stores customers are required to wear facemasks that completely cover the nose and mouth.
• Employees will also be required to wear full facemasks at all times.
• At the front door of every store all the stores will provide hand sanitizer and paper towels for customers to use before they come in and when they leave.
• All stores will limit the number of customers to 10 people per store and maintain the recommended six-feet for social distancing.
• Employees will continuously be disinfecting dressing rooms, hangers, credit card machines and all other hard surfaces.
“We are so excited to be able to welcome our customers back to our stores. It is an exciting time for us,” said Ann Siner, founder and CEO of My Sister’s Closet. “We want our shoppers to feel comfortable and safe while they are here in our stores shopping. That’s why we are taking extra precautions and care to keep our stores clean and our staff healthy.”