Picture it – a glistening turquoise pool framed by swaying palm trees and desert cacti, a clear blue sky and enchanting views of Camelback Mountain. Sounds like a sweet summer staycation or hideaway, doesn’t it?
There’s no way around it – Scottsdale is hot in the summer – but there are SO many ways to enjoy this Sonoran desert oasis in higher temps. At Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows, where city-style luxury meets off-the-grid desert retreat, guests (and locals with a day pass) can sip Sonoran-inspired cocktails while lounging poolside in a luxe cabana, cruise around town in the resort’s 1962 convertible Cadillac (lovingly named Nora), fall off the grid with R&R at the indoor-outdoor Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary, chill with refreshing eats and live music beneath neon desert sunsets and twinkling stars, meet the funky artists whose handcrafted art fills the resort at the nearby Cattle Track Arts Compound, or grab a floatie and watch a flick under the stars during Dive-In Movie Night each Saturday.
Here are six more reasons why Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows may be a go-to-now summer getaway
1. Heat It Up In Scottsdale Package ($189 starting rate!) – the new Heat It Up In Scottsdale travel package offers incredible value savings starting at just $189 per night through September 2. It includes daily breakfast for two at Weft & Warp Art Bar + Kitchen, four signature cocktails per day, 25% off at Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary, complimentary valet and self-parking, and a waived resort fee ($39 value).
2. Cool Summer Programming – includes morning yoga, refreshing daily delights at the Turquoise Pool, spin art post card making, culinary and mixology classes in the glass-box open kitchen at Weft & Warp Art Bar + Kitchen, live music overlooking the pool on Friday & Saturday nights, and more.
3. Bottomless Mimosas & Rosé All Day (Saturdays & Sundays) – get in vacay mode with $25 bottomless mimosas and $35 rosé all day at Weft & Warp Art Bar + Kitchen every Saturday and Sunday
4. Vikara Nights (June 7, 14 & 21) – guests can choose from three fitness classes, including HITT, spin and yoga, followed by a pool party featuring a special limited menu and DJ. Complimentary for resort guests. Non-resort guests can purchase tickets here.
5. 4th of July Pool Party – Andaz Scottsdale is the place to celebrate July 4th in Scottsdale thanks to an ultimate desert pool party featuring a poolside DJ, summer grill out, drink specials including All-American Punch and Deep Eddy Vodka specials, lawn games with prizes, and a Dive-In Movie Night at the Turquoise Pool.
6. Scottsdale Is That Hot – the Scottsdale destination offers a treasure trove of thrilling outdoor adventures (beat the heat in the AM or evening) and cool cultural pursuits that will easily fill up a weekend away – think a sunrise hike at McDowell Sonoran Preserve or kayaking on the Salt River, a sunrise hot air balloon ride over the desert, night-vision desert tours, the Scottsdale Wine Trail and ArtWalk, visiting impressive art museums and Frank Lloyd Wright’s spectacular Taliesin West winter home, and exploring magical hidden swimming holes (I bet you didn’t think these existed in the desert!). Click here to learn more.