The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain’s Serenity pool. (Photo by Barbara Kraft)
Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain earns top Forbes honor
The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain has set a new standard for desert luxury in the United States, having been named today to the Forbes Travel Guide 2018 Verified Lists of the World’s Most Luxurious Hotels and World’s Most Luxurious Spas. Announcement of the coveted dual ranking notes that only eight properties in the world, including The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, have earned a Verified List position in both the hotel and spa categories — with just three in the U.S. achieving this recognition for both hotel and spa. Two of the dual U.S. winners are located on the east coast, while The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain claims the only western-based double ranking.
Forbes Travel Guide’s new Verified Lists are compiled from data gathered by the company’s incognito inspectors, who stay at the properties and evaluate them on up to 900 rigorous objective standards used to determine the guide’s annual Star Ratings, which were most recently announced in February 2018. The new Most Luxurious winners are the top 2018 performers in the specific standards that reflect detailed attention to the list’s level of sumptuous comfort, as well as luxurious choices and conveniences afforded to guests. Fifty-eight hotels in 17 countries have earned the new Forbes Verified List designation, representing the top six percent of 1,017 Star Rated hotels in performance on standards related to luxury. Just 30 spas in six countries have won the award, out of 269 Star Rated spas worldwide.
“This dual Forbes honor for our hotel and spa acknowledges a stellar team effort, and we are thrilled to be included,” said Liam Doyle, Area General Manager, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. “Our newly-unveiled resort transformation should further elevate the Forbes Five Star experience, helping to raise the bar on authentic desert luxury in the United States. We are excited to share this stunning new resort experience with guests.”
The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain property transformation was unveiled this fall and includes a floor-to-ceiling makeover of its 253 guest rooms and 44,000 square-feet of meeting space, all inspired by the resort’s highly evocative Sonoran Desert sense of place. As part of the renovation, fourteen ground-level Fireside Mountain View Guest Rooms were introduced, each outfitted with its own outdoor fire-pit and lava rocks — and each presenting s’mores as a nightly turndown amenity. Highlights of the reimagined Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain include:
Guest Room Innovations
- New floor-to-ceiling paint and neutral carpeting in all rooms and suites, plus acacia wood foyer flooring and upgraded guest room upholstery
- New oversized televisions with 4K display, as well as mini-refrigerators, RFID locks
- New beds, bedding, furniture, accessories and artwork, including specially-commissioned art in suites
- New max-flow bathroom shower fixtures
- Remastered corridor carpeting with inspiring soft green cactus leaf motif
- Creation of 14 Fireside Mountain View Guest Rooms and included amenities for lovers of the fire-pit experience
Meeting, Conference and Wedding Space
- Complete makeover of main function spaces, plus new furnishings, added sound-deadening and soundproofing in air walls
- New custom carpeting with modern inlays and new public foyer furniture placed in contemporary group seating clusters
Dining, Wellness and Recreation
- Opening of new Roadrunner Arcade featuring theater chairs, TVs, foosball and other sports-based games, board game stations, and video game section with multiple consoles and monitors
- New furniture, paint and dramatic, deep aqua color/design elements for Turquesa Pool
- New Aventura Pool cabanas with extensive added comforts, services and amenities. Also part of the Aventura Pool experience: the resort’s 235-foot water slide and splash pad
- Completely new travertine tiles at Aventura Pool and main level of Turquesa pool
- Remastered library flooring at Ignite Lobby Lounge
- Addition of fire-pit tables at Cayton’s Burger Bistro, directly adjoining the World Match Play terrain of The Golf Club at Dove Mountain. Guests of The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain also have exclusive access to the private Gallery Golf Club, which has also hosted the prestigious World Match Play Championship
- New paint and re-sealed flagstone throughout Lobby
- Makeover of Ritz Kids Rangers Headquarters
- Added amenities and Technogym equipment in Fitness Center. Adjoining the Fitness Center is the resort’s landmark 17,000-square-foot indoor-outdoor Ritz-Carlton Spa, featuring 14 treatment rooms, a private Serenity Pool with mid-pool tanning island, cabanas, daybeds and treatments and décor inspired by the healing properties of desert gemstones, minerals and ancient healing rituals.
Interior design changes to the enhanced Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain were conceptualized and implemented by Studio Z of Scottsdale, Arizona, and contractors and crews bringing the property changes to life were almost exclusively from in and around the Tucson area.
For room reservations at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/dovemountain, call toll-free 800-241-3333, or contact a travel professional. Individual leisure guests wishing to enjoy a fall getaway and first look at the new luxuries of The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain may qualify for midweek rates starting at $239 USD per night in October and November and $159 USD per night in December 2018. Rates are based on availability and are subject to taxes and fees. The Forbes Five Star, AAA Five Diamond resort is located at 15000 North Secret Springs Drive in Marana, just north of Tucson, Arizona, and is accessible via both Tucson and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airports. To engage directly with the resort, visit https://www.facebook.com/ritzcarltondovemountain or call 520-572-3000.