Lou Malnati’s sets opening date of Scottsdale location
At 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept 11, Chicago-based Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria officially opens the doors to its third Arizona pizzeria located in Scottsdale at 17787 N. Scottsdale Road at the corner of Scottsdale Road and Chauncey Lane. The pizzeria will provide full-service dine-in, carryout, delivery and catering services.
“We are honored to have the opportunity to create new friends within the Scottsdale community and look forward to providing them our famous Chicago-style deep dish pizza for years to come,” says Marc Malnati, owner of Lou Malnati’s.
With nearly 10,000 square feet and 300 seats, the spacious restaurant will feature a full bar, two private dining areas available for group reservations or events, and outdoor seating. Large garage doors will separate the indoor space and outdoor patio, which will have a state-of-the-art misting systems and seating for up to 120 people. The interior design is desert inspired with touches such as petrified palm trees, but also includes nods to its Chicago heritage such as vintage Chicago posters.
While the Lou Malnati’s Scottsdale location showcases unique design elements, what is sure to remain the same is Lou Malnati’s commitment to providing the true taste of Chicago.
• Dough made from scratch – Every Lou Malnati’s pizza is handmade from scratch daily using the finest and freshest ingredients. The buttery, flaky crust will win people over in Arizona just like it has for decades in Chicago.
• Dairy farm – The fresh mozzarella cheese will be delivered from the same small, Wisconsin dairy farm that has supplied Lou Malnati’s for more than 40 years.
• Tomato selection – Every year, the Lou Malnati’s management team travels to California to meet with their tomato growers. The team stays until the tomatoes are at their absolute sweetest, reddest, and plumpest.
Lou Malnati’s Scottsdale will initially be open for dinner service only, opening daily at 4 p.m. The restaurant will open for lunch starting Monday, Sept. 24.
Lou Malnati’s Scottsdale temporary hours are as followed:
• Sunday through Thursday, 4 p.m. – 11 p.m.
• Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m. – midnight
Pizza lovers can call in their orders or book group reservations at 480-681-3400; online orders can be placed at https://www.loumalnatis.com/arizona-scottsdale. The delivery zone for the Scottsdale location can be found here.
The company has big plans for the Valley; Malnati predicts opening an additional five to seven locations. Lou Malnati’s has hired or plans to hire more than 165 local employees for the Scottsdale location.
Enter-to-Win Access to Lou Malnati’s Scottsdale Soft Opening
The Lou Malnati’s team is looking for people to participate in an exclusive soft opening event held on Saturday, Sept. 9 from 5-9 p.m.
To be eligible for a chance to participate in the soft opening event, applicants must complete an online entry form no later than Tuesday, Aug. 28. Winners will be selected at random and will be contacted via email by Wednesday, Aug. 29.
Each winner will be able to invite three friends to the Lou Malnati’s Scottsdale soft opening and have the opportunity for a sneak peek at the new restaurant, enjoy a complimentary meal, and allow the Lou Malnati’s team will to practice serving before the opening day. Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend.