They are the people we turn to when we need them the most. They help heal our wounds. They mend our children. They have the ability to create happy endings for tragic stories. They impact the communities they serve in ways that few other professions can. They are healthcare leaders.
The editorial department of Az Business magazine scrutinized hundreds of nominations before deciding on the winners and finalists who are recognized with 2014 Healthcare Leadership Awards. We are humbled to honor these amazing men, women and institutions.
Congratulations 2014 Health Care Leadership Award Winners:
- Community Outreach of the Year: Arizona Myeloma Network, Barbara Kavanagh, MSW
- Healthcare Advocate of the Year: Maricopa Integrated Health System, John Chen, DDS
- Insurance Provider of the Year: Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Researcher of the Year: Arizona Heart Hospital, Venkatesh G. Ramaiah, MD
- Medical Research Company: Banner Alzheimer’s Institute
- Legal Advocate of the Year: Polsinelli, Kristen Rosati
- Medical Company of the Year: Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.
- Bioscience Company of the Year: Translational Genomics Research Institute
- Physician of the Year: Dr. Jimmy Chow
- Healthcare Executive of the Year: Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Robert L. Meyer, CEO
- Medical Center of the Year: Scottsdale Healthcare
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Dignity Health, Linda Hunt, CEO
Pictures from the 2014 Healthcare Leadership Awards reception: