Can you hear the bells? No, not the sleigh bells ― the wedding bells.
Planning a wedding can be an exciting, albeit stressful, experience. But if you were told that it is, in fact, possible to plan your entire wedding in one afternoon, would you believe it? At the Scottsdale Wedding Walk, it is.
Brides- and grooms-to-be, mark your calendars for the Scottsdale Wedding Walk, a high-end bridal event that will take place January 27 at The Venue Scottsdale. With more than 30 Scottsdale vendors, fashion shows, food, a Groom’s Lounge and plenty of giveaways (more than $5,000 in prizes), you’re bound to make a few connections, get inspired and walk away with wedding fever — if you didn’t already have it, of course.
Tickets to the Scottsdale Wedding Walk cost $10 in advance or $12 the day of the event. Proceeds from the event will benefit a local charity. For more information about the Scottsdale Wedding Walk, visit scottsdaleweddingwalk.com.
[stextbox id=”custom” bcolor=”080108″ bgcolor=”fff9e4″]
Event Planning 101: Backyard Weddings
We caught up with one of the Scottsdale Wedding Walk vendors, Christina Clark Events, and asked the owner, Christina Clark, to provide a few backyard wedding planning tips:
- Clean up your backyard and make sure there isn’t junk/stuff being stored. If it is, move it for the event. Rake leaves, prune trees and fix any uneven surfaces.
- Have good music or entertainment. Live music creates a really nice ambiance. Make sure the music isn’t too loud; that way the guests can still talk without having to raise their voices.
- When planning the food for the event, think of your guests. Are there any dietary restrictions? You might want to include some vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Create a fun atmosphere. Add event-themed decor or use candles, holiday lights, torches, fire pits or paper lanterns to create texture and design throughout the place. Have some fun with your event, and make it unique. If you have the budget, a photo booth, sketch artist or magician could be fun!
- Don’t let the weather ruin your party; have a back-up plan. If rain is a possibility, make sure to have a large tent on hand. If the weather might be a bit warm, make sure to have fans. If it’s chilly, bring in heaters and light blankets.
- Most of all, once the event starts, enjoy yourself. Once guests see how much fun you are having, that energy will transpire throughout the night.
Scottsdale Wedding Walk
When: Sunday, January 27, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: The Venue Scottsdale (and other participating businesses in Old Town Scottsdale)
7117 E. 3rd Ave., Scottsdale
Cost: $10 in advance, $12 day of event
Facebook | Twitter