RentCafe’s brand-new monthly rental activity report is here, based on proprietary data from our listing website, RentCafe.com. In April, renters intensely searched for rental apartments in Phoenix, and marked as favorite a great number of properties, making it one of the most desired cities by renters. That said, Phoenix gained a spot among the most in-demand U.S. cities by Arizona renters.
To compile this top, our research team analyzed rental listing data and millions of user interactions. There are four aspects taken into consideration, apartment availability and rental search in a city compared to a year ago. Also, to measure renters’ intent, we factored in the number of saved searches and properties added to favorites.
Phoenix landed the 38th spot, up 30 places since March, a clear indicator of renters’ strong interest in finding a place in this vibrant city.
• In April, Arizona renters marked as favorites three times (223%) as many apartments in Phoenix compared to the same time last year.
• What’s more, availability in Phoenix dropped 5% year-over-year, while saved searches increased slightly.
• Statewide, most cities in Arizona have a score above 50 due to a high engagement on RentCafe.com, ranking very close to Phoenix – Chandler #37, Tucson #39, Scottsdale, #42 and Tempe #45.
Elsewhere around the country:
• In April, Atlanta is the most desired city by renters in the U.S., with the highest search activity on RentCafe.com.
• Apartment listings in Kansas City, MO, and Albuquerque, NM, came in second and third place, according to RentCafe.com listings activity data.
• Detroit landed in fourth place with the highest climb in rankings compared to March, and Manhattan wraps up the top five.