Az Business magazine’s Healthcare Leadership Awards is this Thursday, May 4. The 10th annual Health Care Leadership Awards honors the women, men and institutions that bring excellence and innovation to Arizona’s healthcare sector.
Not only are these healthcare leaders improving lives of Arizonans, they are having a global impact on treatment and care.
Robert Spetzler, MD, Barrow Neurological Institute, will be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Spetzler is the retiring president and CEO of Barrow Neurological Institute and has played a formative role in many advances in neurosurgery.
In alphabetical order, here are this year’s Healthcare Leadership Awards Finalists across several categories, which includes individuals and organizations:
- Charlie Agee, MD, vice president and chief medical officer of academic delivery, Banner Health
- Akos MD
- Arizona Telemedicine Program
- Banner Telehealth
- Robin Blackstone, MD, Banner Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Nicole Cundiff, CEO and co-founder, Colleen’s Dream
- Kent Dicks, founder and CEO, Life365
- Discover Financial Services
- Piyush Gupta, MD, regional medical officer, CareMore Health Plan of Arizona
- Stan Holm, CEO, Abrazo West Campus
- Heidi Jannenga, president and co-founder, WebPT
- Janice Johnston, MD, co-founder, Redirect Health
- Ronald J. Lukas, PhD, Barrow Neurological Institute
- Steve Narang, CEO, Banner University Medical Center Phoenix
- Pablo Prichard, MD, senior partner, Advanced Aesthetic Associates
- Leslie Propstra, chairman of the board, Ryan House
- Regenesis Biomedical
- Judy Rich, president and CEO, Tucson Medical Center
- SMART Brain Aging
- Robert Spetzler, MD, Barrow Neurological Institute
- Keith Stewart, M.B., Ch.B., dean of research, Mayo Clinic in Arizona
- SynCardia Systems
- Richard Towbin, MD, division chief of radiology, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Jeffrey M. Trent, PhD, president and research director, TGen
- Russ Yelton, CEO, Pinnacle Technologies
Last year, hundreds of healthcare leaders from Arizona gathered to honor the 2016 winners and finalists. Dr. Edward B. Diethrich, who passed away earlier this year, received the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Diethrich initiated Phoenix’s first heart and heart/lung transplantation program.
Photos of the 2016 Healthcare Leadership Awards:
Photos by Mike Mertes, AZ BIG Media