Arizona State University Biodesign Institute researcher Joe Miceli gives a demo of the saliva sample collection procedure. (Photo courtesy ASU Biodesign Institute)
ASU will provide free saliva-based testing for up to 100,000 Arizonans.
• Stay home when you are sick.Wear a mask every time you are in public, even if you do not feel sick.
• Physically distance by staying at least six feet away from others who are not in your household when you are in public.
• Avoid gatherings of more than 10 people.
• Arizonans at higher risk for severe illness should continue to stay at home and avoid crowded public spaces.
• People at higher risk for severe illness include adults 65 or older and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) and immediately throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.