Ford Motor Company, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix and Valley-based Famous Dave’s have teamed up with The Salvation Army to launch the 7th annual Fill an F-150 Bottled Water Drive, taking place May 3 through May 19, 2019.
All 13 Metro Phoenix-area Ford dealerships and four Valley Famous Dave’s restaurants are collecting cases of water to support The Salvation Army and its Emergency Disaster Services program, which provideshydration, respite and safety information to those in need at heat relief stations in Metro Phoenix on days with excessive heat warnings. According to Maricopa County public health officials, there were a record 181 heat-associated deaths in Maricopa County in 2018.
“In the Valley, heat is our natural disaster, and the human toll can be just as devastating as in parts of the country that experience hurricanes, tornadoes and floods,” said Maj. David Yardley, The Salvation Army Metro Phoenixprogram coordinator. “Many people need our help to survive the heat, so we are grateful for this partnership with Ford, Hurricane Harbor and Famous Dave’s, which will provide vital hydration to those in need.”
Hurricane Harbor Phoenix will provide a half-off any day general admission coupon (good for up to four admissions) to each person who donates at least one case of water (standard 16.9 oz., 24 or more bottles) at any metro Phoenix-area Ford dealership or Valley Famous Dave’s restaurant. The discounted daily admission coupons are redeemable during the 2019season. In addition, Valley Famous Dave’s will provide a coupon for one free brisket sandwich redeemablethrough August 2019 (limit of one coupon per person; must donate 1 case of 24 or more bottles). Quantities for both offers are limited.
Ford’s goal is to collect 150,000 bottles of water during the water drive in support of The Salvation Army. To date, the Ford Fill an F-150 water drive has collected approximately 600,000 bottles of water for The Salvation Army. Ford will jumpstart the drive with a $25,000 grant in support of the water drive and other Salvation Army programs courtesy of Ford’s Operation Better WorldPhoenix program.
“This is our 7th annual water drive in partnership with The Salvation Army, which is very much in line with Ford’s mission to serve the communities where we do business and help those in need,” said Brad Jones, Phoenix regional manager for Ford Motor Company. “We hope our Ford customers – and those new to Ford – will stop by a dealership with their water donation and, in turn, get a little fun out of their good deed with discounted admission to Hurricane Harbor and a free brisket sandwich at Famous Dave’s.”
Those interested in donating a case of water in support of the Fill an F-150 Water Drive may drop off water at any of the following 13 Valley Ford dealerships May 3 through May 19, 2019:
• AutoNation Ford of North Scottsdale, 8555 E. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85260 (480) 991-3333
• Bell Ford, 2401 W. Bell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85023
• Camelback Ford, 1330 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85014
• Chapman Ford, 3950 N. 89th St., Scottsdale, AZ 85251
• Earnhardt Ford, 7300 W. Orchid Lane, Chandler, AZ 85285
• Jones Ford Buckeye, 24600 W. Yuma Road, Buckeye, AZ 85326
• Larry H. Miller Ford, Mesa, 460 E. Auto Center Drive, Mesa, AZ 85204
• Peoria Ford, 9130 W. Bell Road, Peoria, AZ 85382
• Robert Horne Ford, 3400 S. Tomahawk Road, Apache Junction, AZ 85219
• Rodeo Ford, 13680 W. Test Drive, Goodyear, AZ 85338
• Sanderson Ford, 6400 N. 51st Ave., Glendale, AZ 85301
• San Tan Ford, 1429 Motorplex Loop, Gilbert, AZ 85296
• Surprise Ford, 16825 W. Waddell Road, Surprise, AZ 85388
Donations may also be made at Famous Dave’s restaurants in the Valley:
• 3250 W. Frye Road, Chandler (Chandler Fashion Center)
• 16148 N. 83rd Ave., Peoria
• 2206 E. Williams Field Road, Gilbert (San Tan Village)
• 1011 N. Dobson Road, Mesa (Mesa Riverview)