Az Business Angels magazine and the Arizona Community Foundation are about to cast a spotlight on the nonprofits, individuals, business leaders, and organizations who are making the biggest impact on our communities.
“When the first issue of Az Business Angels was launched in 2017, its mission was to challenge business leaders and companies to match their skill sets and desire to give back to the community by working with nonprofits that desperately need the help,” says Michael Gossie, editor in chief for AZ Big Media, which publishes Angels and eight other magazines. “The magazine was created to give new hope to nonprofits and inspire businesses and business leaders to make a difference and to make it their unconditional mission to connect, volunteer and give back to the communities they serve.”
Now, Az Business Angels and the Arizona Community Foundation have teamed up to honor both sides of that equation. The first annual Az Business Angels Awards will recognize, honor and bring together Arizona’s nonprofit community with the corporate leaders who support them. The event will be held on Nov. 7, 2019.
Leaders and organizations will be honored in the following categories:
Nonprofit award categories
• Nonprofit organization of the year
• Nonprofit executive of the year
• Volunteer of the year
• Outstanding innovation in social enterprise
• Most innovative or successful awareness campaign
• Most innovative or successful fund-raising campaign
Corporate citizenship award categories
• Az Business Angel of the year (business)
• Az Business Angel of the year (individual business leader)
• Outstanding corporate social responsibility
• Collaboration of the year (between a business and nonprofit)
• Outstanding innovation in collaboration (between a business and nonprofit)
• In-kind services provider of the year
“We want to engage the nonprofit leaders of Arizona in order to learn more about their missions, the causes they support and the people who work tirelessly to serve them,” says AZ Big Media Publisher Josh Schimmels. “Equally important, we will pay tribute to the leaders of Arizona’s for-profit community who sit on boards, donate time, support company community initiatives and give back through various means to the nonprofit community.”
Click here to nominate an individual or organization for the Az Business Angels Awards. All of this year’s finalists will be featured in the November issue of AZ Business Angels magazine and at the awards dinner and reception on Nov. 7, 2019. The title sponsor for the event is Washington Federal. To learn more about event sponsorship opportunities, email Josh Schimmels.
Nominations close on Aug. 30, 2019.