Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! is hosting its 9th Annual WIG OUT Gala “Hollywood Walk of Fame.”
When: April 13th, 2019
Where: Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
Time: 6 pm-10 pm
Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! is a local nonprofit committed to making a difference in the fight against breast cancer through education, and direct assistance with free new wigs, mammograms and diagnostic testing. For more information, click here.
WIG OUT Gala is one of the organization’s signature events. This year’s theme is Hollywood Walk of Fame. Come dressed for the red carpet or as your favorite celebrity. Wearing wigs are high fashion on our red carpet and highly encouraged! The evening includes dinner, drinks, dancing, live entertainment by Gooch and the Guys, Emcee Jill Kimmel, silent auctions and more to help raise funds for our invaluable programs that provide FREE breast health education, new wigs for breast cancer patients, and mammograms for women in need.
Honored guests include:
• Lisa “Reba” Mason who is an eight-year metastatic breast cancer survivor and dedicated to our local breast cancer community. She is the founder of Reba’s Vision/Basket of Hope.
• Marvin Rose, local businessman and our first Social Impact Investor who helped us take our non-profit to a new level of community outreach to expand our programs and services.
• Stacy Dudash, Jennifer Kyser, and Pamela Vasquez: Three breast cancer survivors who received a free new wig from the program during their chemotherapy treatment will share their testimony of how the program impacted their lives.
Don’t be a Chump! Check for a Lump! Milestones:
• Assisted over 1,250 women with a free wig since their inception in 2009. They are currently assisting close to one woman a day with a free new wig from local wig shops.
• Assisted 133 women with a free mammogram, including all diagnostic testing.
• Distributes 60,000 free magazines annually filled with life-saving education and prevention information regarding breast cancer.
• Provides free breast health workshops in Maricopa County.