OUAZ awards 6 elite scholarships
Ottawa University Arizona (OUAZ) has awarded two full-tuition and four partial-tuition scholarships to six high school graduates, who have achieved stellar GPAs during their high school career and excellent standardized test scores. The six students will begin attending OUAZ in fall.
“Our elite scholarship recipients embody the OUAZ Spirit,” said Chief Enrollment Officer Brian Sandusky. “They are academically motivated and driven by a sense of community. We know their contributions to OUAZ will lift all of us, and we can’t wait to help them excel during this next chapter in their lives.”
Chaparral High School student Mason Domecq received the full-tuition Presidential Scholarship awarded to a student with a minimum 3.5 GPA and a 25 ACT/1200 SAT score. Domecq plans to study accounting this fall.
“Ottawa seems to provide the perfect balance between a quality education and a competitive sports environment,” Domecq said. “Financing college can be difficult, but with Ottawa providing students a chance to receive scholarship money to pay for tuition, expenses can quickly become affordable.”
The full-tuition Surprise High Achiever scholarship, awarded in tandem with the City of Surprise, was given to Isabella Sherrill from Paradise Honors High School. Sherrill will study human and social services at OUAZ.
Four incoming students will receive the Provost Scholarship, which covers 75 percent of tuition costs to attend OUAZ. Those students are:
• Levi Smith, Faith Christian School, plans to study secondary education and history
• Octavia McGraw-Giger, Mountain Pointe High School, plans to study biology and psychology
• Katarina Lucic, Bella Vista College Preparatory School, wants to study business administration
• Kyle Logan, Hamilton High School, wants to study psychology
Sierra Tucson opens new addition
Sierra Tucson, an international renowned leader in behavioral and mental health care, has opened the doors to its state-of-the-art 30,000-square-foot, 44-bed lodge, Copper Sky.
More than 100 health care providers, members of the community and local city officials were present for the ribbon cutting ceremony, dedication, haka blessing and celebration.
The afternoon commenced with formal tours of Copper Sky, where attendees learned of Sierra Tucson’s integrative model of care and viewed resident accommodations, integrative therapy rooms, pharmacy center and the expanded facilities for individual treatment sessions and an admission center, all designed to enhance the resident recovery experience.
OneAZ Credit Union branch celebrates anniversary
OneAZ Credit Union’s Happy Valley branch located at 1925 W. Happy Valley Rd. in Phoenix is celebrating its one-year anniversary with a week of fun and informative financial programs from Monday, May 20 through Friday, May 24.
“The Happy Valley branch has had a wonderful first year and we are excited to celebrate with the community, “ said Brenda Bauer, OneAZ Credit Union’s Happy Valley branch manager. “We look forward to seeing familiar faces and hope to see new ones as well.”
During the week-long event, the branch will feature a different themed celebration each day with a variety of offerings designed as a “thank you” to its members. The schedule is as follows:
• “Together Tuesday,” May 21 – Meet with OneAZ business banker Corey Rankin and workplace banking program manager Maria Brunner to learn more about OneAZ’s business banking products and services. Enter the daily giveaway and enjoy complimentary coffee from the Traveling Coffee Bean Truck from 9-11 a.m.
• “Wealth Wednesday,” May 22 – Planning for retirement is not one-size-fits-all. OneAZ Wealth Management advisor Mike Sammons will be offering complimentary seminars. Enter the daily giveaway, bring your questions and learn about OneAZ products and services. Enjoy coffee and pastries from Benedict’s Catering from 9-11 a.m.
• “Thank You Thursday,” May 23 – Stop in to speak with a banker to learn more about OneAZ’s auto loans. Enter the daily giveaway. Enjoy coffee and bagels from Einstein Bagels from 9-11 a.m.
• “Fun Friday,” May 24 – Stop in to speak with a banker and learn more about how you can unlock your home’s equity for a remodel with a home equity line of credit. Enter the daily giveaway and enjoy cupcakes from Smallcakes Cupcakes at 11 a.m.
For more information about OneAZ Credit Union’s Happy Valley branch, visit
Express Flooring names LAVIDGE digital agency of record
Express Flooring, one of the country’s fastest growing floor-covering companies, has named LAVIDGE as its new digital agency of record.
Serving Phoenix and Tucson metro areas, Express Flooring specializes in carpet, tile, laminate, wood, vinyl and stone and is known for its substantially discounted prices, next-day installation and complimentary lifetime installation warranties. The agency will provide it with digital strategy, planning and analytics, digital media buying, website content, social media and campaign development, website updates and maintenance, and SEO services.
“We were seeking an agency partner that understands our business and can assist us in expanding our reach,” said Richard Saling, Marketing Director for Express Flooring. “Finding a partner with longevity and the right track record was no easy task – we were drawn to their team’s skill set, innovative performance-based pricing structure, and relevant experience in home services.”
The Express Flooring team at LAVIDGE is led by Stephen Heitz, chief innovation officer; Sean Rogers, client service director, Melanee Arnett, associate interactive media director; and Katie Stoeller, digital strategist.
Youfit Health Clubs launching new club in Phoenix
Youfit Health Clubs announced the opening of the 12th location in Phoenix, AZ. Slated to open Summer 2019, the club will be located at 3901 E Thunderbird Rd on the corner of Thunderbird Rd and N 40th St in Paradise Square Plaza. With locations continuing to pop up all across Phoenix, the perk of unlimited access to all Youfit locations with the Lime Card membership is looking better and better! During the presale of this location, new members also have access to a limited time, complimentary trial membership offer: pay nothing until 30 days after the gym opens.
“We are excited to open another location in the Phoenix area,” said J.J. Creegan, Chief Operating Officer of Youfit Health Clubs. “With each new location that we open in the Phoenix area, we continue to feel the excitement and love from the residents seeking to start or continue their fitness journey. Thank you for letting us continue to be a part of your health experience.”
Residents in the Phoenix area seeking a healthier lifestyle can take advantage of this limited time offer and join Youfit now and pay nothing until 30 days after the gym opens its doors, and new members will have access to use any nearby Youfit facilities in the meantime.