Making news: White Cap, Larry H. Miller, Boeing, Isagenix
White Cap opens new location in Goodyear
HD Supply Construction & Industrial White Cap (“White Cap”) and the City of Goodyear announced the opening of a brand-new, 50,000-square-foot White Cap branch at 16851 W. Camelback Road, Goodyear, AZ, on Dec. 16, 2019. This new location will offer products to support residential, commercial and industrial jobsite needs in the categories of:
• Jobsite surface protection
• Concrete repair and restoration
• Concrete and forming accessories
• Residential framing and flatwork
• Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
• Road and bridge
• Jobsite clean up
• Tilt up systems
“We are excited to welcome HD Supply,” said Goodyear Mayor Georgia Lord. “As Goodyear and the region continues to grow, more and more businesses benefit from the products and value-added services HD Supply provides. The building at the PV303 Business Park is perfect for them to serve their customers in Goodyear and the West Valley.”
White Cap will welcome approximately 25 new associates to join the team in Goodyear. With more than 200 White Cap locations throughout the country, White Cap is very pleased to expand its network to best serve customers through investment in Arizona and the West Valley.
“The city of Goodyear and the West Phoenix area are growing, and with that comes new construction that is projected to continue for many years,” said White Cap District Manager Robert Steiner. “Being able to easily supply the quickly developing area near the I-10 corridor and new outer Loop 303 should greatly benefit our White Cap customers by saving significant time for our customers needing construction supplies in the West Valley and at West Phoenix jobsites.”
Boeing awards National Forest Foundation $100,000 for STEM program
The National Forest Foundation (NFF) is proud to announce the award of $100,000 from The Boeing Company for development of a new youth program designed to foster and strengthen the interest in STEM career paths through the lens of local stewardship, public lands management, and drone technology.
Through this funding, ”Green Drone AZ” will meaningfully engage diverse high school students in the Phoenix metropolitan area with training for basic level Unmanned Aerial Vehicle or drone technology and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology while connecting them to college students and professionals in the STEM/conservation field.
The NFF will collaborate with several local partners to engage students across STEM interest areas and levels of technical expertise in a real-world river restoration project – on the Lower Salt River, using data collected by students to help guide scientists and land managers in decision making. The program will bring together the NFF, Audubon Arizona, Northern Arizona University (NAU), Arizona State University (ASU), the Tonto National Forest, and Phoenix-area Public High Schools.
The Salt River is a crucial source of water, life and beauty for Arizona, acting as a major artery through the watershed and for city water supplies in the Valley of the Sun. Yet the function and health of the Salt River has degraded over the last several decades, largely by nonnative plant species, which outcompete and use more water resources than native vegetation.
With a shared vision of restoration, NFF, partners and Green Drone AZ students will be stepping up on the Lower Salt River to make real, measurable change to benefit the river, birds and wildlife, for people from near and far, and for the state’s tourism economy.
Larry H. Miller Dealerships sprinkle joy across the Valley
For the past six years, employees of Larry H. Miller Dealerships have aimed to bring cheer to local residents through the dealership group’s annual “10 Days of Giving.” This campaign sees employees presenting donations to 10 charities during the holiday season. This year’s donations will help provide dental exams to the homeless and underserved, scholarships for the children and spouses of disabled or fallen military members, allow children affected by crime to shop for Christmas gifts with a local police officer, therapeutic grief support to at-risk children, educational and mentoring support to help women out of poverty, and more.
“Our employees truly cherish giving back in the community, especially during the holiday season,” said Pat Kroneberger, senior vice president, Larry H. Miller Dealerships. “We are grateful for the incredible work these 10 charities are doing in our community, and hope our donations go far to impact lives.”
Larry H. Miller Charities disperses charitable donations through a grant program primarily focused on charities that serve women and children, with an emphasis on health and education.
Isagenix debuts several products, donates millions in 2019
It’s been an impactful year for Isagenix International, with milestones ranging from launching exceptional products that help people embrace, achieve, and maintain a healthy lifestyle to giving generously to communities in need around the world.
“We’ve never been more committed to our mission of impacting world health, so it’s gratifying to look back on the many ways we’ve supported that mission this year,” said Isagenix Chief Executive Officer Travis Ogden. “Isagenix also reached $7 billion in cumulative global sales in July, which was a significant achievement for the company. As a team, we’re excited and motivated to carry this momentum into 2020 so we can continue making a difference in people’s lives.”
Isagenix released several new products designed to help people make healthy changes, including BĒA™ Sparkling Energy Drink, a caffeinated beverage that has 10 calories, less than 1 gram of sugar, and raw nutrients and vitamins sourced from fruits and vegetables. BĒA had the best first-day performance of any permanent Isagenix product, with sales 10 times greater than first-day sales for e+™, the company’s popular long-lasting energy shot.
Isagenix is donating 5% of the product’s profits to the ISA Foundation, the company’s 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide healthy nutrition and support for underserved children, wellness education for all, and aid for those affected by natural disasters.
Additional 2019 product releases included:
• IsaKids® Super Smoothie: For each bag purchased of this nutritious kids’ snack, Isagenix donates one meal to a child in need through the ISA Foundation. So far, nearly 53,000 meals have been donated, including 7,192 meals from a special “buy one, donate two” promotion during the product’s launch.
• Collagen Bone Broth: Released just in time for the cooler weather, Collagen Bone Broth nourishes consumers inside and out. Collagen peptides from grass-fed cows support healthy, glowing skin, while vitamin C boosts immune health and enhances collagen production, which declines with age.†
• IsaPro® Plant-Based Protein: IsaPro offers vegans, vegetarians, and flexitarians an alternative to whey-based IsaPro. The complete protein is sourced from high-quality whole-grain brown rice and pea. Supplementing with the high-quality protein found in plant-based IsaPro boosts metabolism, promotes satiety between meals, and supports weight loss goals.
• AMPED™ Tri-Release Protein and AMPED Repair: Tri-Release Protein and Repair are designed to help customers get better results faster. Tri-Release Protein is an anytime 25-gram three-protein blend that helps develop lean muscle and enhance strength. AMPED Repair is a post-workout drink that helps reduce joint soreness and rebuild muscles to improve recovery.†
In keeping with its core value of contribution, Isagenix gave back to communities around the world in 2019. So far this year, Isagenix has contributed more than $3 million in monetary and product donations worldwide. In addition:
• The ISA Foundation awarded grants totaling over $1.8 million to 51 U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofits who serve people in areas including Latin America, the Caribbean, and Kenya. The first round of grants was announced in January, and the second was announced in August. The foundation expects to award a grant to a Canada-based organization later this year.
• Activities for the company’s largest volunteer initiative, Global Give Back Day, ranged from sprucing up a local youth center to serving meals to families in need. In Arizona, 57 Isagenix customers, employees, and employees’ family members participated in the Arizona Meal Pack for 9/11 Day, helping pack 67,400 meals for food-insecure individuals.
• In October, the company released the “2018-2019 Isagenix Social Impact Report” detailing how Isagenix makes a positive impact on communities, employees, and the planet. For example, on Earth Day 2018, the company began transitioning IsaLean® Shake and IsaPro canisters to 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic. Isagenix has a goal to convert all packaging components to be made with recyclable, reusable, compostable, or recycled materials by 2028.
Isagenix received several company and executive awards in 2019, including two workplace honors: Phoenix Business Journal’s 2019 Healthiest Employers (No. 7 for midsize companies) and Direct Selling News magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Direct Selling. It was the second consecutive year that the company’s comprehensive corporate wellness program earned a top 10 Healthiest Employers ranking and the third consecutive year Isagenix received the Direct Selling News honor.
Additional awards included:
• Az Business Angel of the Year: AZ Big Media named Isagenix a finalist in its first Az Business Angels Awards in the Az Business Angel of the Year category. Isagenix was recognized for its support of community initiatives.
• Az Business Leaders: Isagenix Co-Founder and Executive Vice President Kathy Coover was selected as one of the most influential healthcare leaders in the health and beauty industry. This marks the fourth straight year Coover has received this honor.
• First Chair Awards: Isagenix Chief Legal Officer Justin Powell won a First Chair Award, which honors in-house counsel who, through their hard work and dedication, have made significant contributions to the legal community. He was recognized in the Top General Counsel category.