The Valley of the Sun is home base for internationally renowned researchers who are stepping up to the mound to strike out Alzheimer’s disease. This spring training season, community members are invited to attend informative sessions with “Heavy Hitters” experts at Banner Alzheimer’s Institute and Banner Sun Health Research Institute.
Experts in the field of memory and cognitive disease will share progress in research and offer hope for a world without Alzheimer’s disease. Keynote speakers have an incredible track record for caring for families with memory and cognitive disorders while leading novel research trials hoping to find an end to Alzheimer’s disease before we lose another generation. Community members are invited to join us for an opportunity to hear from key experts in the field of treating and fighting Alzheimer’s disease throughout the Valley:
When: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 3
• Expert Speaker: David Weidman, MD, Stead Family Memory Center associate director
• Event Address: North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012
When: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Thursday, March 12
• Expert Speaker: Alireza Atri, MD, PhD Banner Sun Health Research Institute director
• Event Address: Grace Bible Church, 19280 N. 99th Ave, Sun City, AZ 85373
When: 9 – 11 a.m. Thursday, March 19
• Expert Speaker: Pierre N. Tariot, MD, Banner Alzheimer’s Institute director
• Event Address: Valley Presbyterian Church, 6947 McDonald Drive, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
All sessions are free but registration is required by calling (602) 230-2273 (CARE) or visit banneralz.org/calendar.
Through its research and care, Banner Alzheimer’s Institute is dedicated to the goal of ending Alzheimer’s disease without losing another generation. Founded in 2006 by Banner Health, one of the country’s largest nonprofit health care systems, BAI has a three-fold focus: to conduct revolutionary studies in the detection, treatment and prevention of Alzheimer’s; to set a national standard of patient and family care; and to forge scientific collaborations that bring together institutions and disciplines internationally. For more information, visit www.banneralz.org.