123rf.com: Siarhei Lenets
September 13, 2015
Banner Sun Health Research Institute adds staff members
Banner Sun Health Research Institute, an international leader in the effort to find answers to aging disorders including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, has added four expert physician providers and one nurse practitioner to its team:
- Ed Zamrini, MD, a neurologist, joined Banner Research as director of the memory center at the research institute in July. Dr. Zamrini joins the team from University of Utah, where he served as a professor of neurology. He has 25 years of expertise in the fields of neurology and the study of medicine, while also teaching students at various universities and participating in review boards. He earned a doctor of medicine from American University of Beirut, located in Beirut, London.
- Ming-Jai Liu, MD, PharmD, joined the team in July as a movement disorders specialist with five years of practice experience. He previously served as a neurologist and movement disorders fellow at Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Lui earned a doctor of medicine and doctor of pharmacy from University of New Mexico and completed a neurology residency at St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center.
- David Shprecher, DO, MS, starting Oct. 1, will serve as movement disorders director. He earned a doctor of osteopathic medicine from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, located in Erie, Pennsylvania and completed a neurology residency at University of Utah School of Medicine. Previously, Dr. Shprecher has been involved in numerous grant projects, review boards and has participated in publications. He previously worked as an advisor and mentor to students at University of Utah while completing his MSci/neuroscience PhD.
- Peter Taylor, DO, MA, joined the research institute as a geriatric psychiatrist. Previously, he served as an associate professor at University of New Mexico Department of Psychiatry and as staff psychiatrist at New Mexico VA Healthcare System. Dr. Taylor has six years of experience in the mental health field. He earned a doctor of medicine from Midwestern University and completed a psychiatry residency at University of New Mexico.
- Marina Reade, DNP, FNP, a nurse practitioner, joined Banner Sun Health Research Institute in January 2015 as a provider in the memory center. She has 14 years of experience in the fields of oncology, bone marrow transplant, acute rehabilitation, neurology and research. Reade earned her doctorate at the University of Arizona, and she is passionate about providing dementia care and education.
The added team members will see patients in the Cleo Roberts Center for Clinical Research at Banner Sun Health Research Institute, where experts practice clinical research and the translation and conversion of laboratory discoveries into new clinical treatments.