HonorHealth will open North Valley hospital in 2020
HonorHealth will open its sixth hospital, at 1-17 and Dove Valley Road, in September 2020. The new hospital will form the centerpiece of the HonorHealth Sonoran Medical Center campus in north Phoenix.
“We’re delivering on the commitment we made to the community on Dec. 9, 2013, when we opened the Sonoran Health and Emergency Center on this campus,” said Todd LaPorte, HonorHealth CEO. “It’s always been our mission to grow with the communities we serve. As a non-profit, locally run hospital system, we’re thrilled to take this next step for this vibrant area.”
Groundbreaking is scheduled for December 2018.The hospital will open with more than 40 beds, with the ability to expand to nearly 80 beds based on community needs.
HonorHealth Sonoran Medical Center will include:
• 24-hour emergency care for patients of all ages.
• Comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological care, including prenatal and postpartum care, labor and delivery services, and a Level II neonatal intensive care unit.
• Clinical expertise and state-of-the-art technology in joint replacement surgery, minimally invasive orthopedic and spine surgery, as well as a variety of general surgery procedures, treatments and therapies.
• A beautiful facility filled with natural light and colors that reflect the surrounding desert, designed to create a healing environment.
The Sonoran Medical Center campus will include:
• An Ambulatory Surgery Center with physician office space immediately adjacent to the hospital.
• Other ambulatory services such as breast health and medical imaging located on campus.
“I want to thank HonorHealth for its leadership in providing much-needed healthcare services to this growing part of Phoenix. The developing campus, with the highly skilled doctors, nurses and technologists who will work there, is a welcome addition to the north Valley’s employment base,” said Phoenix Mayor Thelda Williams.