The Leadership Appreciation award went to L’Auberge de Sedona.
HSMAI Arizona Chapter honors Awards of Excellence winners
The Arizona Chapter of the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) announced the winners of this year’s 2017 HSMAI Arizona Chapter Awards of Excellence. The winners were recently revealed at its annual Awards Gala and Holiday Celebration held at The Scott Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The 2017 HSMAI Arizona Chapter Awards of Excellence drew in record-breaking attendance at this year’s Havana Nights themed gala, honoring both individuals and organizations who have made a significant impact not only on the HSMAI Arizona chapter, but in their own organizations and industry as well.
Erik Dorr, president, HSMAI-Arizona shared “We have been fortunate this year with many deserving award winners from our members, sponsors and partners, all of whom have had a positive impact on our chapter. This year we introduced the inaugural “Spirit of Hospitality Award” to highlight acts of kindness through community outreach efforts. The Event Team was the recipient for their extraordinary efforts in collecting and transporting supplies to Hurricane Harvey victims in Texas. The Event Team, and this award represent all that is good within the hospitality industry.”
HSMAI Arizona Chapter 2017 Awards of Excellence recipients include:
• Hospitality Sales & Marketing Professional of the Year: Amanda Saye, GreenTree Hospitality Group, Inc.
• Hospitality Student of the Year: Sheryl Wood, NAU
• General Manager of the Year: Bleu Petty, GreenTree Inn & Suites Phoenix Sky Harbor
• Sponsor of the Year: Best Western Hotels & Resorts
• Leadership Appreciation: L’Auberge de Sedona
• Sponsor of the Year: Sonata Venture
• Revenue Management Professional of the Year: Kevin Duncan, Classic Hotels & Resort
• Committee of the Year: Student Relations Committee
• Spirit of Hospitality: The Event Team, Inc.
• Shining Star: Oscar Mastrantuono, North Central Group
• Rising Star: Shannon Johnson, Experience Scottsdale
• Host Venue of the Year: Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Paradise Valley-Scottsdale
• President’s Achievement: Amanda Saye, GreenTree Hospitality Group, Inc.
The “Havana Nights” Cuban-themed event allowed for HSMAI Arizona Chapter members, Lily Mockerman and Jay Nazar of Total Customized Revenue Management, to bring in real-world experiences as they spoke on their HSMAI Executive T.H.I.N.K. Study Tour to Cuba last year. The trip was designed to introduce executives from the hospitality industry to Cuba through cultural immersion as part of a unique senior-level program by Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) Executive T.H.I.N.K. study tours.
The HSMAI Arizona Chapter also awarded its 2017 Charity of the Year, Neighbors Helping Neighbors (NHN), its final year end donation check. Monetary donations were collected throughout 2017 by its members, at the award-winning Chinese Auction and Fundraiser Dinner, and donations made on behalf of the speaker and host venue for each educational program held. NHN is a Scottsdale based charitable organization that was started in 2013 by a group of individuals that saw the need to step up and help members within their own community.