Effective corporate counsel has never been more important than it is in today’s new and ever-evolving knowledge-based economy. For the 8th year, Az Business magazine has partnered with the Arizona Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel and the State Bar of Arizona to present the Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
This prestigious program recognizes the important and vital role that in-house counsel plays in their organizations. Finalists for the Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards represent the finest legal expertise across all industries in the private, public and nonprofit sectors.
The 31 finalists and winners will be honored during a ceremony and dinner on Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020 at the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia.
Candidates in several categories will be recognized for their extraordinary legal skills and achievements across a full range of in-house responsibility, exemplary leadership and for contributions to Arizona’s communities. The categories for the 2020 ACC Awards include private company, public company, legal department, up-and-comer, nonprofit, pro bono, and general counsel of the year.
Here are this year’s finalists in alphabetical order:
• APS/Pinnacle West Capital Corporation legal department
• Erin Borg, PetSmart
• Lacey Bundy, PetSmart
• Carvana legal department
• Kim Dennis, Knight-Swift Transportation
• Mick Dragash, Cavco Industries
• Early Warning Services/Zelle legal department
• Martin Felli, JDA Software Group
• Susan Hanson, U-Haul International
• Ashley Kasarjian, Republic Services
• Richard Kovacik, VieMed
• Andy Kvesic, Quantum
• Limelight Networks legal department
• Brendan Mahoney, HBI International
• Adam Martinez, Offerpad
• Randy McCaskill, Tessenderlo Kerley
• Rachel Molina, PetSmart
• NortonLifeLock Legal Department (Symantec Corporation)
• Virginia O’Malley, Imaging Endpoints
• PetSmart legal department
• Justin Powley, Axon
• Justin Powell, Isagenix International
• Alexis Pheiffer, Sprouts Farmers Market
• Mark Rogers, Amkor Technology
• Deanna Salazar, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
• Beth Schnell, Alliance Bank of Arizona, a division of Western Alliance Bank
• Aileen Schwartz, Hill International
• Robert Seibel, Yuma Regional Medical Center
• Taylor Morrison legal department
• Trevor Steege, International Cruise & Excursion
• Dawn Valdivia, Honeywell International
Purchase tickets to honor the winners and finalists of this year’s Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards here. For information on sponsorship packages for the Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards, contact Publisher Josh Schimmels.