Plaza Companies Boosts Leasing Numbers With $6.7M In New Deals
Plaza Companies enjoyed a strong second quarter of leasing activity while also enhancing its leasing team in the process.
The company signed a total of $6.7M in new leases in 2Q 2012, with a total of 35 lease transactions representing 88,000 SF.
The strong activity came as Plaza also took steps to enhance its leasing team. Margaret Lloyd has been promoted to a Vice President Brokerage Services position, and Melynn Wakeman has joined the Plaza team as Vice President Brokerage services.
Wakeman comes to Plaza after serving as the Manager of Network Real Estate Leasing and Property Management for John C. Lincoln Health Network, where she managed all components of the corporate real estate department including leasing transactions, property management, operations and tenant improvement projects.
Additionally, Carol Kleinberg joined Plaza earlier in the second quarter as Director of Strategic Alliances and her efforts strengthen the depth of the Leasing and Property Management Divisions. Kleinberg and the rest of the Plaza team including Howard Schweibert, Senior Portfolio Manager and Leasing Specialist; Scott Rubin, Senior Portfolio Manager, together successfully impacted the portfolio.
Some of the highlighted properties include:
- Plaza Companies represented Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Centers (AKDHC) in a new lease transaction for space in The Financial Center building in Phoenix. AKDHC signed a seven-year agreement for a 11,696 SF space at the center.
- Paul Marischen, D.D.S. leased 1,100 SF at Plaza del Rio Dental Arts Plaza located within the Plaza del Rio medical campus.
- Plaza Town Center signed 2,300 SF of retail-related leases.
- Heart & Vascular Center of Arizona signed a lease for 1,658 SF at Boswell Medical Plaza in Sun City.
- Vibrant Care Outpatient Rehabilitation Center renewed their lease on a 2,833 SF space in Palm Valley Medical Plaza in Goodyear.
- Mendoza Medical LLC signed a new lease for a 1,572 SF space in Desert Life Medical in Tucson.
- Sonoran Heart Institute signed a new lease for a 3,383 SF space at Baptist Medical Plaza in Phoenix.
- Arizona Arthritis and Rheumatology expanded their space at Banner Estrella Medical Plaza with a new lease for an additional 2,117 SF in Phoenix.
“We were pleased to have enjoyed a very strong second quarter of leasing activity, while at the same time taking steps to further enhance our leasing team,” said Sharon Harper, President & CEO of Plaza Companies.
“The addition of Melynn and Carol, combined with the promotion of Margaret Lloyd to Vice President Brokerage Services, creates a formidable leasing team for our company that will lead to increased leasing activity well into the future.”