Ranking Arizona: Top 10 hospitals for 2020
Here are the Top 10 hospitals in Arizona, based on public voting for the 2020 edition of Ranking Arizona, the state’s biggest and most comprehensive business opinion poll. Ranking Arizona is based purely on opinion and ranks companies based on how voters answer this simple question: with whom would you recommend doing business? To make your vote count in the 2021 edition of Ranking Arizona, click here to vote.
Want to buy a copy of the 2020 edition of Ranking Arizona? Click here.
Here are the Top 10 hospitals in Arizona, as featured in the 2020 edition of Ranking Arizona:
268 beds or more
1. Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
Background: Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center is a 586-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. St. Joseph’s is a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. It includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, the Norton Thoracic Institute, Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center and Arizona’s first Level I Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons. The hospital is also a respected center for women’s services, oncology and many other medical services.
Hospital’s strengths: “St. Joseph’s employees are skilled in their areas of expertise and have a strong spirit of compassion and kindness — all critical elements that are essential to providing patients with first-class medical services.”
2. Mayo Clinic Hospital
3. Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center
4. Dignity Health Chandler Regional Medical Center
5. Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
6. Phoenix Children’s Hospital
7. Banner University Medical Center Phoenix
8. Dignity Health Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
9. Banner Boswell Medical Center
10. Banner Estrella Medical Center
267 beds or fewer
1. Abrazo Scottsdale Campus
Background: Abrazo Health has announced that its hospital in Northeast Phoenix is now Abrazo Arizona Surgical Hospital, reflecting its investment in talent and technology to create a destination for patients seeking advanced surgical care. The new name and direction for the Abrazo Scottsdale Campus is a reflection of advances in medicine and positioning the hospital for the future. Abrazo Arizona Surgical Hospital offers one of the most diverse surgical robotics programs in the state, and is a destination for complex orthopedic and spine procedures. Its general surgery program continues thrive, and plans are in the works to add surgical capacity.
Hospital’s strengths: “We have made a significant investment in technology and facility improvements with more planned in the future, bringing more specialties to the hospital and expanding our services to better serve our region.”
2. Abrazo West Campus
3. Abrazo Arrowhead Campus
4. The CORE Institute Specialty Hospital
5. Dignity Health Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
6. Cancer Treatment Centers of America
7. HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center
8. Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital
9. Banner Gateway Medical Center
10. Cardon Children’s Medical Center