Websites can range from minimalistic to sleek and even playful. You need to keep your target audience in mind while deciding on the design. The Internet can offer numerous website design inspiration for you to come up with a product that exudes your brand identity to the fullest. Read on to know about tried and tested tips that can help you in the creation of a compelling website.
Opt For A Clutter-Free Homepage
When a prospective client lands on your website’s homepage, the main message needs to be communicated simply. Millennials are always on the lookout for maximizing their efficiency. As a result, they will hardly have enough time to go through every word of your home page. Rather they will quickly scan through the page at a glance and pick out important sentences and images. This is why designers need to be concrete with the content they are thinking of placing on their webpage as well as its overall structure. Your site visitors will be in a better position to process all of the information if they have less to remember. Following these below-mentioned tips can add to the presentability of your website’s home page:
• Opt for a keyword-focused homepage headline that indicates its relevance to users. This needs to appear above the fold so that users don’t need to scroll down.
• Leave out some blank areas to render a well-balanced feel to your homepage.
• Communicate your point more effectively with graphical representation.
• Placing a CTA (Call-To-Action) button on the homepage will induce site visitors to perform different activities ranging from signing up to purchasing an item. But don’t place all the CTAs above the fold as most engagements occur below.
Let Visual Hierarchy Be The Key
Designing cohesive visuals can provide visitors with easy access to their required information, and the entire process of visual hierarchy ensures the same. Let’s take a quick look at the different components of visual hierarchy which web designers need to pay attention to:
• Top assets like the name and logo of your business need to be more visually prominent as viewers have a natural affinity towards bold titles and only after reading the same, they move on to smaller texts.
• Using the right web layout can levitate the attention of your viewers in the right direction. Making the page tall with more pixels offers more flexibility for answering the questions of visitors. Statistics have proven that a longer page tends to boost up conversion rates. You can utilize an anchor menu for long scrolling pages so that users can easily jump to their desired section with a single click. Using the ‘Back to Top’ button is another option to consider which can enhance the intuitiveness of your website.
• Bright and dramatically contrasting colors can lure in the attention of viewers. Rich textures are more attractive and engaging than flat ones.
The Website Should Be Easily Navigable
Being avant-garde can win you brownie points in the field of fashion. But it is always advisable to play it safe when it comes to web designing. Your users shouldn’t face any difficulty in finding the thing they initially are searching for on your website. Good navigation also assists with better indexation of web content by the search engines which ultimately improves the user experience.
There’s Nothing Like Easy & Interesting Content
The readability of content will determine whether the readers can recognize all sentences, words, and phrases without facing any difficulty. An easily readable site will allow users to scan through the site while taking in all the information they need. To do this, you can follow the below-mentioned rules:
• Vague subheads consisting of large and useless words won’t be of much help in creating better user engagement, hence it’s better to opt for short and catchy ones.
• The best practices of digital content do not align with writing blocky paragraphs. Writing short paragraphs makes your content easier to read and understand. As a rule of thumb, you can restrict paragraph length to a maximum of 3-4 lines. 12 words are considered adequate for packing into a single sentence. If you have to keep it long, then proceed with Sans Serif fonts. Mixing different types of fonts can lead to interesting visuals. However it is best not to over do it, since using more than three typefaces throughout a website can lead to a cluttered end look.
Ensure Cross-Device Compatibility
In today’s day and age, it has become more crucial than ever for businesses to learn how to advance and rebrand themselves online. Modern-day software can turn the wildest ideas of designers into reality. Just add in a dash of creativity and follow the above-mentioned guideline to come up with brilliant results.