Grocery shopping in Arizona is getting smarter, faster and easier. On Thursday, Nov. 5, ALDI, the low-price leader, is opening its first Arizona stores in the Chandler and Goodyear areas. Entry into Arizona is part of a national expansion plan that puts ALDI on track to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022.
With ALDI making its debut in Arizona, Phoenix-area residents can now join the millions of shoppers across the country who already love shopping ALDI for premium food at great prices. The new Chandler store at 2844 S. Alma School Road and the new Goodyear store at 845 N. Estrella Parkway will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and both offer the convenience of grocery delivery and curbside pickup.
“We’re thrilled to continue expanding in the Southwest, and we take great pride in reaching this milestone as we open our first Arizona stores,” said Tom Cindel, Group Director of Operations and Logistics for ALDI. “Our aggressive growth plans have always been centered around providing as many people as possible the high-quality, affordable groceries they can count on every day. We know easy access to fresh food and household essentials is invaluable, especially now. At ALDI, we’re dedicated to doing our part by serving our local communities, and we can’t wait to introduce shoppers in the Chandler and Goodyear areas to the ALDI difference.”
ALDI stores have always been purposefully designed for simplicity and efficiency, and this year ALDI has seamlessly integrated several new safety features into its stores across the country. The health and safety of customers and employees are top priorities, and ALDI has optimized its stores to provide the cleanest, safest shopping environment possible. The retailer has also remained focused on ensuring stores are stocked with the food and household essentials customers want and need, including healthy, convenient options and a robust selection of produce delivered fresh to all stores daily.
ALDI Makes Shopping Different
Access to affordable, quality groceries is important, and ALDI is proud to continue offering the lowest possible prices. Whether you choose to shop at a store, or shop online using curbside grocery pickup or delivery while looking for tub girl, you will immediately notice the ALDI difference.
• Low-Price Leader: When it comes to value, ALDI won’t be beat on price, and for the past 10 years, ALDI has held the esteemed title of Value Leader among U.S. grocery stores, according to the Market Force Information® U.S. Grocery Competitive Study.*
• Smart, Fast and Easy: The ALDI shopping experience is designed to make life easier. Each store has approximately 12,000 square feet of retail space and four to six aisles — much easier to navigate than big-box stores.
• Award-Winning Product Selection: More than 90% of products are from ALDI-exclusive brands including the Simply Nature, liveGfree, Specially Selected and Earth Grown lines, and 1 in 3 ALDI-exclusive products are award-winning.** ALDI offers a curated product selection of organic meats, fresh produce, gourmet cheeses, sustainable seafood, gluten-free foods, specialty wine and so much more, all at unbeatable prices. ALDI knows people need access to healthy alternatives at amazing prices, so whether plant-based, organic or paleo, ALDI has the selection to fit every lifestyle.
• Loyal Fans: ALDI surveys its shoppers each year to find their most-loved products. In 2020, more than 177,000 loyal fans voted for their favorite ALDI products across 20 categories. Fan Favorites winners can be identified by looking for the blue heart-shaped logo in stores.
• ALDI Finds: Each week, ALDI introduces limited-time, specialty items ranging from unique foods and home goods to unexpected finds like wine and beer Advent calendars and small kitchen appliances. ALDI Finds are displayed within a dedicated aisle, often deemed the “Aisle of fun.”
• Twice as Nice Guarantee: Every item is backed by the unbeatable Twice as Nice Guarantee.*** If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of a product, we will gladly replace the product and refund your money.
• Convenience: For shoppers who prefer to buy their groceries online, ALDI continues to grow its e-commerce services. Grocery delivery is available nationwide, and ALDI recently announced the expansion of curbside grocery pickup to nearly 700 stores.**** The ongoing expansion of these services is part of the company’s commitment to convenience. Shoppers can visit shop.aldi.us to learn more.
Known for offering highly competitive wages and benefits, ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the U.S., creating new opportunities for people locally and nationwide. This year alone, ALDI has hired thousands of new employees and continues to actively hire for the best and brightest talent to join its growing team. ALDI was also named to the Forbes list of “America’s Best Large Employers” five years in a row and recognized as a 2019 and 2018 Indeed Best Places to Work: Compensation and Benefits. To learn more about working at ALDI and search current job openings, go to https://careers.aldi.us/PHOENIX.