What’s new at Chase Field in 2019
The Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) have added new experience and elements to Chase Field in 2019, including a new playing surface, new food items an expanded virtual reality experience and new Team Shop gear for all fans to enjoy.
New Food Items
The D-backs and Levy Restaurants have added new food items to the dining experience at Chase Field in 2019, including:
• Chicken and Donuts: Crispy Tyson popcorn chicken mixed with donut holes and covered in powdered sugar served with a side of maple syrup. Available for $11 at Gonzo’s Grill.
• 505 Fry Bread Taco: Native fry bread shell topped with ranch beans, carnitas, 505 Southwestern green chile sauce, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Available for $14 at Taste of Chase.
• Camelback Burger (Vegan): A freshly grilled plant-based burger topped with brown sugar-truffle ketchup, jalapeño relish, avocado, lettuce, herb mustard, cucumber and crispy onion flakes on a vegan bun. Available for $14 at Paradise Valley Burger Co.
• Strawberry Cheesecake Shake: Danzeisen strawberry milk, soft serve, strawberries, graham cracker crumbs, New York cheesecake, whipped cream, chocolate and a graham cracker rim. Available for $10 at Sizzle & Cheese and Taste of Chase.
• Big Jalapeño Popper Dog: Traditional foot-long hot dog topped with roasted jalapeño cream cheese, bacon, fried jalapeños and onions. Available for $15 at Big Dawgs.
Chase Field Sr. Executive Chef Stephen Tilder collaborated with Sports Illustrated’s Charlotte Wilder to create three unique 18-inch hot dogs that will be available for limited time throughout the season, including:
• All Day Breakfast Dog: An 18-inch Schreiner’s hot dog topped with hash browns, country gravy, Cheddar cheese, bacon, fried eggs, Tapatío hot sauce and green onion. Available for $30 in April and May only at Big Dawgs.
• Reuben Some Dirt On It Dog:, An 18-inch Schreiner’s hot dog placed in a rye hot dog bun topped with Reuben mac and cheese, fried pickles, secret sauce and green onion. Available for $30 in June and July only at Big Dawgs.
• S.I. Cover Dog: An 18-inch Schreiner’s bratwurst placed in an onion hot dog bun topped with Jalapeño-Granny Smith apple coleslaw, fried mac and cheese, barbecue aioli, house-cured beer pickles and green onion. Available for $30 in August and September only at Big Dawgs.
Other new food items include:
• Cheesy BLT: Bacon, longhorn-Colby and tomato on a sourdough bread. Available for $11 at Sizzle & Cheese.
• American Cheese and Fries: Triple American cheese slices, with crisp fries on a sourdough bread. Available for $11 at Sizzle & Cheese.
• Hatch Valley Cheesesteak: Philly ribeye, 505 Southwestern green chile sauce, cheese sauce and crispy battered onions on a potato roll. Available for $12 at Taste of Chase.
• Mediterranean Vegan Wrap: Spinach tortilla filled with mock chicken, hummus, cucumber and olive tapenade. Available for $12 at Taste of Chase and Burger Burger.
Shaw “B1K” Synthetic Grass
The D-backs have installed state-of-the-art synthetic grass at Chase Field in partnership with Shaw Sports Turf for the 2019 season. The “Batting a Thousand” Natural Turf (B1K) is a dual fiber system comprised of Shaw’s high-performance Strenexe® XD slit film and Shaw’s Bolt® monofilament. This system provides high durability and maintains adequate infill levels across the field. The Bolt fiber provides excellent ball roll, friction and natural grass aesthetics, ensuring that the playing surface at Chase Field will appear nearly identical to that which has been in place since the stadium opened in 1998.
The Geofill® Performance Infill within the blades forms a firm surface similar to natural soil with lower energy rebound levels identical to high-performance natural grass. The result is a more natural playing posture and motion from the players, creating less fatigue as their bodies will not have to overcompensate for the “bounciness” of the surface. The B1K surface also creates natural baseball bounce, allowing players to charge the ball confidently while fielding. The D-backs’ commitment to sustainability also played a role in the change, as the Geofill infill is made from natural materials that are environmentally friendly. In addition to conserving cooling energy by keeping the roof closed during the daytime, the transition to a synthetic playing surface is expected to provide 90% savings — nearly two million gallons — in water consumption each season by requiring less water to maintain the system.
COX Virtual Meet and Greet
The Cox Virtual Meet and Greet will allow fans to virtually meet D-backs players and legends at every D-backs home game. Located in the COX Connects Bullpen at centerfield, fans will be able to select which player or legend they would like to “meet” and can choose from David Peralta, Archie Bradley, Yoshihisa Hirano, Torey Lovullo, Luis Gonzalez, Randy Johnson, Derrick Hall or Baxter. The entire experience will take a minute and a half to complete and the fan will walk away with a digitally autographed photo with the player or legend via text or email. Fans are encouraged to share their photo and experience on their social media channels with the hashtag #RattleOn.
The Chase Field Team Shop offers fans a variety of gear for the entire family and will update merchandise regularly throughout the season to keep up with the latest fashion trends. Fans are encouraged to follow the @ChaseField account for discounts and updates on new merchandise. New items available in the Team Shop in 2019 include:
• Tommy Bahama – There are now four unique men’s causal style button-down Tommy Bahama shirts available this season. The designs include floral pattern, baseball swinging hula girls, a purple option and more.
• Throwback men’s and women’s apparel and headwear from Mitchell and Ness, New Era Apparel and ‘47 Brand are new this season, including an exclusive throwback t-shirt collection that will be featured all season.
For more information and a full promotional schedule, visit www.dbacks.com/promo.