Struggling to stay warm this winter? Ditch the freezing temperatures and parkas, grab some sunglasses and head to Scottsdale, where the holidays are just heating up here in the Sonoran Desert. From now until New Year’s Eve, the city is aglow with holiday light displays, filled with cheer at festive events and most importantly, brimming with resort rates an average of 30 percent off-peak season February – but with the same perfect weather. Travelers can get to planning and chase away the winter blues at HolidaysInScottsdale.com.
Hot resort rates
• Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows: With the “Summer Never Stops in Scottsdale” offer, guests can enjoy the perks of summer with low rates and a waived resort fee, daily breakfast for two, 25% off services at Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary and more. Valid through Dec. 31, 2019.
• The McCormick Scottsdale: A holiday vacation just got sweeter at this lakeside resort just blocks from Old Town Scottsdale, with rates from $99 per night. Valid Nov. 27 – Dec. 30, 2019.
• The Bespoke Inn: Celebrate the season in cozy and quaint accommodations, with 25% off all stays, plus the excitement of being in the heart of downtown. Valid Dec. 1-30, 2019.
Special events and activities
• Christmas at the Princess: Discover the place to be for the holidays when you step into a winter wonderland offering ice skating, s’mores roasting, Santa’s Secret Headquarters, Mrs. Claus’ Corner and more, complete with over four million sparkling lights. Runs Nov. 26 – Dec. 31, 2019.
• Las Noches de Las Luminarias: Get into the spirit of the season by strolling Desert Botanical Garden’s trails lined with 8,000 flickering luminaria bags, set amongst live music and hundreds of twinkling trees and desert plants. Select dates Nov. 29 – Dec. 31, 2019.
• Scottsdazzle: Holidays shine bright with this month-long celebration of festivals and events – like Sugar Plum Avenue and the Gold Palette ArtWalk – lighting up Old Town Scottsdale. Runs Nov. 20, 2019 – Jan. 1, 2020.