Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council (GSACPC) announced the return of its award-winning Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge — this year with a clever addition. For the seventh year in a row, chefs from some of the state’s most popular restaurants will use their culinary prowess to re-imagine one of the beloved flavors of Girl Scout Cookies into a custom dessert menu item. Each restaurant has agreed to feature its dessert on their menu from February 1 to February 29, 2020, with a portion of the proceeds from each dessert sold directly supporting Girl Scouting in Arizona.
In addition to traditional restaurants, 11 Arizona hotels and resorts also signed on this year. As such, there will be a bit of a challenge-within-the-challenge, all in good fun, and all in support of girls in this community. The 11 contenders are:
• Civana Wellness Resort & Spa in Carefree, who will be using Thin Mints
• Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, who will be using Do-Si-Dos
• FOUND:RE Phoenix Hotel in Phoenix, who will be using Samoas
• Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North in Scottsdale, who will be using Samoas
• Great Wolf Lodge in Scottsdale, who will be using Thin Mints
• Hilton Sedona in Sedona, who will be using Samoas
• Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale, who will be using Tagalongs
• Little America Hotel in Flagstaff, who will be using Do-Si-Dos
• Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia in Paradise Valley, who will be using Tagalongs
• Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, who will be using Samoas
• The Scottsdale Plaza in Scottsdale, who will be using Trefoils
“Many of us will also be hosting ‘Girl Scout Field Trips’ with some local troops throughout the month to really get them excited about the art, math and science behind what we do. Maybe there are even a few future chefs in our mix,” says chef Lance Whipple of the Four Seasons Scottsdale Resort Troon North.
All the chefs hope not only to raise critical funds to support local Girl Scouting, but also to inspire home cooks across Arizona to buy an extra box or two this Girl Scout Cookie season to create their own desserts, too.
To see them – and to best plot out your way to taste them all – visit girlscoutsaz.org/dessertchallenge.