The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, the largest home show in the Southwest, returns to WestWorld of Scottsdale Friday, October 19 through Sunday, October 21, with a special appearance by energetic home improvement guru Ty Pennington.
“Fall is the most colorful time of the year and one of the best seasons to create cozy ambiances in each room,” said Katie Jones, Maricopa County Home Show manager. “The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show can help get your home fall-ready.”
WHO: The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, complete with thousands of home improvement, design and landscaping products and services offered at exclusive pricing.
WHAT: Unique Show Attractions Include (FREE with admission):
• Ty Pennington – Meet-and-greet with Ty Pennington, the man who first garnered national attention as the quirky and creative carpenter on the groundbreaking home improvement series Trading Spaces. Catch Ty’s stage show at 1:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Early arrival is recommended.
• Ultimate Holiday Themed Challenge: Experience holiday magic brought to life by designers challenged to bring 4 over-the-top themed rooms featuring spooky Halloween, festive fall, sparkling New Year’s, and enchanted winter wonderland. At the show, meet with the designers for inspiration on how to create your own holiday inspired room to be the best holiday host.
• In the Wall Wizard’s Workshop, watching paint dry has never been more fun. Take a seat and get ready for the entertaining Wall Wizard. Always interesting and sometimes bizarre, his simple tricks and techniques will help you tackle projects with confidence. Whether it be paint, paper or fabric, the Wall Wizard has ideas to inspire you.
• Handmade Headquarters: Enjoy FREE make-n-take crafting classes inspired by the most popular trends of 2018 featuring a canvas painting party, Fall or Halloween succulent terrarium planting, sprinkled bath bombs & bath tea, holiday placement stamping, plus wood sign painting
• Home Décor and Curated Artisans: Shop handmade home décor, furniture and exclusive one-of-a-kind holiday gifts for everyone on your list. Unique gifts include trendy wood plank signs, bath bombs, iron yard décor, gourmet cutting boards, delicious dips and sauces, vertical gardens, plus so much more.
• DIY Demos and Seminars: Learn how to install your own eco-friendly turf, stain or tone cabinets and attend a special class about the best ways to use a spray gun to easily paint furniture, cabinets and walls.
• Ask a Master Gardener: The UofA Master Gardeners will offer expert advice on how to prepare your yard for the cooler months with Fall rose care, garden planning tips, citrus selection & care, and more!
• Design the Perfect Backyard: Bring your existing backyard pictures and measurements for a FREE walk-up landscape consultation and take-home design with the landscaping professionals at Horticultural Frontiers.
• FREE Wine Tasting: Explore fine wines with tasting experiences throughout the show.
WHEN: Friday, October 19 – Sunday, October 21. Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WHERE: WestWorld of Scottsdale – 16601 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale
COST: General Admission: $8 daily for adults, kids ages 3-12 are $3, children 2 and younger are free.
• Senior Morning: Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., admission for guests 60 and older is $4.
• Customer Appreciation: $2.50 admission Friday evening between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
• Military Appreciation: $4 admission with valid military identification all three days.
• October Birthdays: Visit the info booth for a FREE special gift with valid ID.
• Discount Tickets: Sign up at MChomeshows.com to receive deals on admission.
• Onsite parking: Onsite parking for $5. Lot is cash only. A large food court and ATMs are also on site for your convenience.