The MIM Needs YOU
The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) is currently seeking volunteer Museum Guides for 2013. MIM invites friendly, high energy volunteers to join its upcoming Museum Guide training class. Museum Guides lead visitors of all ages on guided tours and engage guests in lively, thoughtful discussions about MIM’s collection. Training covers everything a Museum Guide needs to know, including presentation skills, information about the 15,000 instruments in the collection, architectural facts, effective touring methods and much more.
Museum guides commit to 40 hours of training during a 10-week period. Sessions begin September 3 and take place every Tuesday morning from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. until November 5. New volunteer applications are due by August 1.
Benefits for active volunteer team members include:
• Valuable experience in a major museum.
• Free museum access during regular museum hours.
• Limited number of half-price museum guest passes.
• Limited number of half-price tickets to MIM Music Theater performances.
• Discounts at the Museum Store and Café Allegro.
• Tax-deductible mileage.
• Lifetime achievement recognition for hours and years of service.
If interested, email volunteer@MIM.org or call 480.245.6957 to register.