How does an iconic resort stay that way and become legendary? “By continuously improving and innovating,” says resort regional vice president and general manager, Jack Miller. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, Arizona’s largest, and longest-running AAA Five Diamond hotel, is doing just that. A renovation of 458 standard guest rooms and 20 luxury suites is underway. All other guest rooms and suites enjoyed renovations in the past few years, assuring guest a fresh, modern look with meaningful technology. Another transformation underway is a renovation and re-imagining of the Scottsdale Princess Pool. The Princess pool was the first of the six pools to open with the resort in 1987 and is recognized as one of the Top Ten Pools in America by reader polls in USA Today and other national publications.
The guest room and pool renovations are underway with anticipated completion by September 2019.
Top Six Facts to Know about Guest Room Renovation:
• The resort’s design, with 11 separate buildings housing guest rooms, enables the resort to protect the experience of guests staying with us during this time, guests are not housed in buildings currently under renovation
• The new guest room design features a soft, tranquil desert décor with clean, modern lines and furnishings
• The new, custom-designed mattresses and cool, crisp new bedding will provide a welcoming retreat after a day of adventure in the desert
• Modernized bathrooms, with sleek, polished stone and oversized walk-in showers replace handmade Mexican tile and bathtubs
• Enhancing the residential feel of their guest rooms, the resort will continue to offer fully-stocked mini-bars but will add mini-refrigerators to all rooms, enabling guests to store their personal refreshments, medicine or baby bottles
• Meaningful technology is being added to guest rooms, including an Echo Dot with an “Ask the Princess’ menu to answer guests most frequently asked questions. All guest rooms will feature 50 inch TVs in standard rooms and 65 inch TVs in suites, equipped with more than 1000 apps via Sonicast to stream Netflix, Hulu and more on the television in the guest room. Kipsu, a resort text service, is offered to make it more convenient for guests to connect with staff and make special requests or ask questions
Top Six Facts to Know about Princess Pool Renovation:
• The pool deck will now be a single level, offering sweeping views of the McDowell Mountains and TPC Scottsdale, as well as the impressive Arizona sunrises and sunsets
• The Princess Pool deck space is expanding to increase lounge seating and provide a larger capacity for groups at the pool
• Eight new Cabanas will feature cool natural feel synthetic turf, fans, refrigerators and flat screen TVs
• The cabanas standard seating is four, but can be expanded to eight to accommodate larger parties and encourage socialization
• The party size whirlpool that currently blocks views will be removed and replaced with two new whirlpools inset in the pool
• To accompany the reinvigorated pool experience, there will be a new waterside eatery and communal bar area that will provide an ideal poolside space to socialize with friends, family or a group of colleagues
The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess has a long history of maintaining its AAA Five Diamond guest experience through continuous upgrades. Each year the resort reinvests in its facility to assure it maintains its top of class product for years to come. In 2018, the resort successfully renovated and reimagined one of its four signature restaurants, La Hacienda to raving guest reviews. Also in 2018, the resort converted four meeting rooms in the Casita area to multi-purpose hospitality suites. In 2017, the resort renovated its Fairmont Gold wing of 66 rooms, along with the Fairmont Gold Executive Conference Center and Ironwood Meeting Room. In 2016, the resort added a new wing of 102 rooms and built a new feature pool, Sunset Beach with boasts a beach entry with 800 tons of white sand.
The guest experience was top of mind when transforming the resort’s guest rooms and Princess Pool. “We are committed to remaining fresh, bold and iconic for decades to come. Leadership and colleagues alike are passionate about maintaining a top of class product and creating new events and experiences for guests to enjoy and keep the Princess an experience they want to repeat again and again.” says Miller.
Visit scottsdalprincess.com or contact reservations at (480) 585-4848 for seasonal packages and offers to return and make new memories at this iconic resort.