A festive family enjoying the 4th of July Freedom Fest at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Arizona.
The Princess reimagines Freedom Fest for 2020
On Thursday, July 2, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess will celebrate its 10th annual 4th of July Freedom Fest, culminating with the best fireworks display in north Scottsdale on July 4th, honoring our frontline medical workers, first responders, veterans and active military. Safety will be a top priority and Freedom Fest will be modified to incorporate physical distancing and other precautions, but the food, fun and family will be the same. Guests will still be able to experience all the magic of the 4th of July with a vintage air show, movies, fireworks, and more.
“The team worked tirelessly to create a safe environment where the community can socially connect while we physically distance,” says Jack Miller, regional vice president and general manager of the Princess. “This year’s event will differ from the years previous as we adjust to this new world,” says Miller. “We’re working to find a new balance between providing memorable community experiences and providing a safe, welcoming environment for all.”
• The famous Fairmont fishing derbies will be available on July 3rd and 4th for guests to test their angling skills. From 8-10am, $10 per person, located at the resort’s lagoon.
• Enjoy the Princess’ annual spectacular airshow on July 4 at 4:45. This year it features more than 30 vintage military aircraft piloted entirely by veterans.
Freedom Fest Nighttime Celebrations
• A 4th of July celebration isn’t complete without fireworks. July 2, 3 and 4 the Princess’ dazzling fireworks display begins at 9pm. Insider tip – best views are from the resort’s lawns (exclusive to in-house guests), our drive in movies (open for locals not staying with us) or Toro Latin Restaurant & Rum Bar.
• Drive in movies – enjoy family favorites, admission includes a bag of movie theater buttered popcorn, two bags of cotton candy and four bottled waters.
• Movies on the lawns – a special treat for in-house guests only – enjoy complimentary movies, socially distanced, on one of the resort’s lawns.
• Dive-in movies – in-house guests may a enjoy movie and fireworks, socially distanced at Princess Pool or Sunset Beach Pool
The family-friendly movie lineup:
• Thursday, $40 per car, Onward
• Friday, $50 per car, Playing with Fire
• Saturday, $60 per car, Sonic the Hedgehog
• Enjoy an all American BBQ in a box feast prepared by our expert chefs from Ironwood American Kitchen, perfect for enjoying on the lawn as you watch the movie and fireworks. Each box is $26 for adults and $14 for kids and includes:
• Smoked brisket, BBQ chicken, hot Link Sausage, cilantro coleslaw, bacon & charred Scallion Potato Salad, house BBQ sauce, pickles, sliced bread, chocolate chip cookie
Insider Tips for the Best Experience
Book one of the resort’s room packages
• BOGO is back in a big way. Book the Stay Close package and enjoy the perfect view, the perfect meal and the perfect company. It’s all closer than imagined because exclusive getaways are just down the road. Book one night, get the second night on us.
• The popular Sip, Savor and Splash package, featuring a $100 daily resort credit. The resort credit can be used anywhere on property, so you can use it to shop, dine or enjoy a relaxing spa treatment.
• Giving back to the community is important to the Princess. The Free2Play, Free2Learn package, which offers a $75 daily resort credit and a complimentary in-room movie daily, donates $10 per room night to Computers2Kids – a foundation helping children and their families gain equal access to technology, education, training and technical support needed to set up all students for success.
• Dinner and movie – enjoy dinner at one of our restaurants and book a place at our drive in movie for a socially distanced take on a date night classic. The fireworks spectacular will make it a truly memorable evening.
The Princess is committed to the health, safety and comfort of our guests, and is abiding by all CDC, state and local guidelines. As such, the resort has taken the following precautions to ensure guests can enjoy all the Freedom Fest activities safely.
• There will be clear eight foot circular reserved spaces with lawn blankets for in-house guests, each spread six feet apart, placed on the resort’s lawns to give guests a safe and distanced area to enjoy the movies, fireworks and their friends and families.
• The Princess will also be enforcing the City of Scottsdale’s emergency order, mandating the use of face coverings when in public.
• All furniture on the decks of all six sparkling pools at the Princess will be appropriately spaced and sanitized daily.
• All the information about what the resort is doing to keep guests safe can be found on its website.