True Food Kitchen unveils changes to its menu
True Food Kitchen, known for preparing simple and delicious foods to help people achieve and maintain optimum health, has introduced new changes to its signature menu timed with its late summer seasonal menu launch.
These changes are the result of months of work by the brand’s culinary and beverage team at its Phoenix-based test kitchen. The updated signature menu features seasonal ingredients, new food categories, a dynamic lineup of freshly-cooked and nutritious dishes, as well as re-invented favorites and more. As always, the restaurant’s menu remains true to the principles of Dr. Andrew Weil’s anti-inflammatory food pyramid.
True Food Kitchen will continue to emphasize high-quality, seasonal ingredients with simple preparations to let the freshness and flavor of the food speak for itself. New menu highlights and re-invented favorites include:
- Entirely vegetarian “Vegetables” category featuring the season’s ripest produce to complement any dish as a shareable starter or side dish. Notable mentions include the Roasted Toybox Squash, Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta and Grilled Avocado.
- Entirely vegetarian “Bowls” category featuring a variety of options with a diverse range of flavor profiles – each bowl has the option of being topped with a protein such as tofu, chicken, steak or shrimp to create a healthy, hearty dish. Notable mentions include the Ancient Grainsbowl featuring miso glazed sweet potato, turmeric, charred onion, snow pea, grilled Portobello, avocado and hemp seed and the Spicy Panang Currywith organic potato, long bean, bok choy, carrot, Thai basil and coconut broth.
- Handcrafted, authentic, artisanal pizzas featuring homemade tomato sauce and a rustic spelt and flax crust, also made in house. The new Summer Squash Pizza featuring broccolini, sweet onion and lemon ricotta replaces the Braised Artichoke Pizza, a seasonal spring favorite.
- True Food’s popular salad category, made famous by Dr. Weil’s famous Organic Tuscan Kale Salad, now includes aSummer Ingredient Salad; a fresh medley of roasted asparagus, garbanzo bean, cauliflower, broccolini, wax bean, mint, Manchego cheese and pistachio tossed in a Sicilian Vinaigrette.
- The all-new Grass-Fed Burger has replaced the classic Bison Burger. Sourced from Strauss, American family farmers, ranchers and producers of sustainably-raised, antibiotic and hormone-free beef, the Grass-Fed Burger combines umami mushroom, caramelized onion, arugula, parmesan and mayonnaise on a flax seed bun.
- Reinvented favorites like the Lasagna Bolognese has replaced the popular Turkey Lasagna and features house-made chicken sausage, mushroom, spinach, lemon ricotta and herbs between layers of gluten-free noodles.
- New brunch offerings include the Organic Egg Sandwich with smashed avocado, Manchego cheese, smoked turkey and tomato on seeded bread.
- Behind the bar, True Food Kitchen has mixed up made-from-scratch natural refreshers and cocktails featuring the season’s ripest produce The Watermelon Coconut Soda, Sparkling Wellness Teaand the Blueberry Royalecocktail are just a few of the new and notable beverages featured on the updated menu.
While there’s always a desire to make things better at True Food Kitchen, there are favorites and classic mainstays that will remain on the signature menu like the Spaghetti Squash Casserole, Edamame Dumplings, Scottish Steelhead, Sustainable Seabass, Kale Guacamole, Turkey Burger, Farmers Market Crudités, and desserts like the Flourless Chocolate Cake, among others.