The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is a playcation paradise that is the perfect backdrop for families to make memories to last a lifetime.
Scottsdale welcomes back visitors with hot summer deals
“It’s a dry heat,” Arizonans say, and visitors echo.
It’s true, summers in Scottsdale are HOT; from the number shown on the thermometer to the resort rates. Scottsdale welcomes travelers back with hot savings and provides the ultimate sizzling summer escape. ItsThatHot.com is a one-stop shop for trip planning, whether that means turning up the fun for the whole family or resetting with rest and rejuvenation. Read on for some of the desert’s hottest deals.
HOT HOTEL STAYS
• Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: With rates starting at $199, the newly renovated Princess packs in fun for the whole crew. Featuring six pools with two 200-foot waterslides, a white sand beach, private cabanas and cocktail bars, the resort keeps kids and adults cool and entertained. Beat the heat with morning golf at TPC Scottsdale and splash into family-friendly evening “dive-in” movies.
• JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa: Unveiling a fresh new look and offering plenty of room to unwind, this luxury resort at the base of the majestic Camelback Mountain offers summer rates starting at $179. Find peace and relaxation at The Spa, meander through the property’s garden terraces and Sonoran Desert trails, and feel right at home in pueblo-style rooms.
• The Bespoke Inn: Slip away to Scottsdale with rates as low as $102 at this charming, 10-room boutique hotel in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. Enjoy brunch at Virtù, the on-property restaurant conceived by acclaimed Chef Gio Osso, rent a bike for the day from the Inn’s bike shop to cruise through downtown art and shopping, and settle into cozy accommodations for the night.
PERFECT SUMMER DAY
• Rise and shine for a sunrise hike in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve before the heat of the day sets in, to get the blood pumping and catch premium Sonoran Desert views.
8 Cool off indoors and refuel with a healthy breakfast and fresh juice at Farm & Craft or kick it up a notch with a boozy brunch at Hash Kitchen, offering a build-your-own bloody mary bar.
• Relaxation seekers can find a sense of calm at a quiet, sparkling pool, like that of the luxe Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, where taking a dip near the infinity edge provides an unbeatable panorama of the wild desert landscape. Detox the body and mind with the Hammam Experience, go deep with a massage, or restore the skin with a facial at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia’s Joya Spa.
• Adventurers explore the hidden paradise found on the Lower Salt River via kayak, where calm waters meet rugged desert shores and the chance to see wild animals.
• Come sunset, it’s time to get to sipping on the Scottsdale Wine Trail or enjoying some suds along the Scottsdale Ale Trail. Then, it’s time for dinner at one of the city’s 800 restaurants, like Citizen Public House, where modern takes on classic comfort food and a salad so famous, it has its own Facebook page, unite with unbeatable barrel-aged cocktails.
• Top off the night at the historic Sugar Bowl and indulge in cool and decadent treats like classic shakes, floats and sundaes or their signature “Camelback Sodas” – served since the 50s and named after the nearby Camelback Mountain.