Natural Grocers set up shop in what used to be the local Fresh & Easy on 7th Avenue and Indian School Road (Photo courtesy of Natural Grocers)
Natural Grocers opening stores in Phoenix, Chandler
Natural Grocers will open stores in both Phoenix and Chandler, Arizona, on Tuesday, May 31. The addition of these two stores brings the total of Natural Grocers locations in the Greater Phoenix area to three and nine in Arizona.
Both locations open at 8 a.m., with the Phoenix store located at 655 W. Indian School Rd. and the Chandler store at 5805 W. Ray Rd.
In celebration of the May 31st grand openings, Natural Grocers will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony at each location at 7:55 a.m. and will then distribute mystery gift cards to the first 50 customers in line. Gift cards will be in the amount of $5, $10, $25, $50 and $100. Customers won’t know the amount of their gift card until they check out.
The May 31st store openings each begin with a live performance by a local band from 8 to 10 a.m. The Phoenix store will feature a performance by Mancini the Band and the Chandler store will feature The Senators.
The stores will also offer a tasting of healthy and delicious food from its Paleo Wraps class, from 10 a.m. to noon.
Opening day celebrations will be followed by a month-long series of free, grand opening events, including food tastings, cooking demonstrations and nutrition classes with nutrition experts.
Each store will host a series of four Saturday health fairs, beginning on June 4, with the last fair on June 25. Health fair themes include: Splash! Into Health this Summer, Taste the Natural Grocers Difference, Paleo, Gluten-Free and Southwest Proud.
Jack Challem, a nationally acclaimed author widely known as The Nutrition Reporter and one of America’s most trusted nutrition and health writers, will present a nutrition seminar at the Chandler location on June 10 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. and at the Phoenix location on June 11 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Natural Grocers will continue to provide the Greater Phoenix community with fresh produce that is 100 percent USDA Certified Organic, as well as other healthy, organic and natural products.
The store will feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products from Arizona in a small, neighborhood market environment. The stores will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. The Natural Grocers in Phoenix and Chandler will be open seven days a week.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers:
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products
- EDAP – Every Day Affordable Price®
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and harmful trans-fats
- 100 percent USDA Certified Organic produce
- Strict meat standards – raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products
- Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – Dairy products that come exclusively from confinement-free dairies
- Bag-free checkouts and commitment to sustainability
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service
- Support for local community organizations
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health.