Commemorative occasions don’t come along everyday, so The Wigwam – a 440-acre oasis resort nestled in the West Valley of Phoenix, Arizona – is making the most of its 90th Anniversary Celebration with nine reasons to enjoy the fall season under the gleaming southwestern sun. From onsite entertainment events to commemorative 1920’s-themed food and beverage items, special golf amenities to a new pampering spa treatment, The Wigwam’s 90-year anniversary will be one for the history books.
With its roots descending deep into Arizona’s early cotton ranching era, The Wigwam opened as a guest ranch on Thanksgiving Day 1929. Following steady growth over several decades, today the historic resort offers travelers an opportunity to create lasting memories with southwestern casita-style accommodations, first-class dining, 54 holes of championship golf, and convenient access to authentic recreation and adventure throughout the West Valley and beyond.
The Wigwam’s anniversary-inspired fall offerings include something for every palate and predilection. Each experience keeps the welcoming ambience that has made the AAA Four Diamond resort a favorite destination for nine decades and counting.
90-Year Anniversary Celebrations
The week leading up to Thanksgiving Day 2019 will be filled with opportunities for guests celebrate the 90th anniversary of The Wigwam, including:
• Screen on the Green (Friday, November 22) – Starting at 7:0 0pm, guests are invited to drive up to the Front Lawn in their golf cart and enjoy an outdoor movie on the BIG screen!
• Speakeasy in the Arizona Room (Saturday, November 23) – Join in a Jazz Age-themed bash with live jazz music and 1920’s-inspired cocktails. From 8:00 – 11:00 pm, guests who attend are also encouraged to play the part and dress in their Great Gatsby best!
• Arts in the Park (Sunday, November 24) – Dance the afternoon away to the Arizona Swing Kings in performance on The Wigwam’s Front Lawn. Visitors can stop by any time between 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
• Family Game Night (Monday, November 25) – From 4:00 pm – close, guests are invited to slip into The Wigwam Bar to play a variety of nostalgic throwback games with 1920’s and vintage favorites including Monopoly®, Sorry!, Scrabble®, crossword puzzles, and more.
• A Taste of the 1920’s (Tuesday, November 26) – From 6:00 – 9:00 pm, epicureans can take their taste buds back in time with spirits inspired by the Roaring 20’s at Red’s Bar & Grill.
• Board & Bottle Special (Wednesday, November 27) – Enjoy the sound of live jazz at Litchfield’s Bar from 5:00 – 9:00 pm with a complimentary chef’s selection charcuterie-and-cheese board with purchase of a bottle of wine.
• 90th Anniversary Feasting (Thursday, November 28) – While the rest of the country sinks into the couch to watch football after their big meal, The Wigwam will be giving thanks to 90 years of Southwestern hospitality with anniversary-themed Thanksgiving Day culinary in The Wigwam Ballroom. Commemorate the day by snapping a pic at the greenscreen photobooth which will showcase historic photos of the resort as the backdrop.
Milestone Deals to Delight
Those looking to celebrate even more can take advantage of the anniversary offerings available throughout the property this season.
• Turn Back the Clock: Head face-first into The Wigwam’s new LeMonds Aveda Salon – Spa and indulge in a 1929 Facial. A pampering journey back in time, the 50-minute facial combines the perfect aroma for relaxation with rejuvenating Vitamin C to leave the skin smooth, nourished, hydrated, and youthful. Available through November exclusively at LeMonds Aveda Salon – Spa – $180.
• A Hole in 90: There is a diverse array of experiences awaiting golfers at The Wigwam with three onsite courses: The Gold, The Blue and The Red. This fall, golfers can take their game to the next level for less with the resort’s 90th Anniversary Golf Special featuring one round on any of the above as well as themed amenities including The Wigwam’s Logoed Shirt, The Wigwam’s Logoed 1929 Cap, and a sleeve of Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls. Available through November exclusively at the golf shop – $90. (Discounts do not apply.)
In addition to an incredible lineup of anniversary events throughout the season, The Wigwam Bar will toast the resort’s 90th anniversary through the month of November with a craft cocktail menu featuring specialty drinks inspired by the favorite cocktails of notable imbibers from the 1920s. The menu includes the F. Scott Fitzgerald (gin, lime, tonic), the Babe Ruth (Wigwam ale, shot of house bourbon), the Duke Ellington (cognac, Cointreau, lime, fine sugar rim), The Great Gatsby (gin, honey simple syrup, fresh orange and lemon), and more.
This season, guests can enjoy resort rates starting from $149. For reservations or more information on The Wigwam call (623) 935-3811 or visit www.wigwamarizona.com.