There were some major land deals in Arizona reported this week, according to Vizzda. According a recent report at azbigmedia.com, while many industry sectors across Arizona and the U.S. have taken devastating hits during the prolonged COVID-19 pandemic, the state’s land market and housing market have shown incredible resiliency and more impressively, growth.
Here are 10 of the biggest land deals of the last week.
• DR Horton purchased 220 lots on the northeast corner of Hartman and Bowlin roads in Maricopa for $16,744,000 — or $269,977.43per acre. The seller was the McRae Group of Companies, who had previously purchased these lots on in 2016 for $2,860,000.
• Dolphin Partners bought 1,794 acres of land on the northwest corner ofSun Valley Parkway and Bethany Home Road in Buckeye for $14,352,000. The seller was Communities Southwest. The land is expected to be developed into Mirielle – Village One.
• KB Homes bought 67.89 acres of land at the northwest corner of Cotton Lane and Jomax Road in Surprise for $10,274,211, or $73,387 per lot. The seller was Harvard Investments. The ;and is part of the Desert Oasis development.
• Lennar Homes purchased 115 finished lots in Casa Grande for $6,780,000. The seller was Dolphin Partners. The lots are part of McCartney Ranch.
• 15.22 acres (663,032 square feet) of commercial land at the southeast corner of Ellsworth and Chandler Heights Boulevard in Queen Creek sold for $6,466,794.75 — $9.75 per square foot. The land was previously zoned C-2. The land was previously proposed as the commercial component of Hastings Farms Subdivision. The buyer was Chandler Heights & Ellsworth LLC and the seller was Langley Properties.
• 66.59 acres of land at the northwest corner of Citrus and Camelback roads in Phoenix sold for $4,945,000 — or $74,260.40 per acre. Mattamy Homes was the buyer and J&A Camelback Property LLC was the seller. The land is part of Russell Ranch Phase 2.
• 76 lots in Desert Sky Ranch in Casa Grande sold for $3,476,000. The buyer was Richmond Homes of Arizona and the seller was DSR 76 LLC.
• 5.43 acres of land art the southwest corner of Litchfield and Bell roads in Surprise sold for $2,987,469. The buyer was Family Development and the seller was Carefree Partners Investments.
• 6.4 acres of land at the southwest corner of 99th and Northern avenues in Glendale sold for $1,750,000 — or $273,437.50 per acre. The seller was South Metro Land Company LLC and the buyer was 7915 N Glen Harbor LLC.
• Eight lots on the southeast corner of Scottsdale and Dove Valley Roads in Scottsdale sold for $1,595,479 — or $29,527.39 per lot. The buyer was K Hovnanian Homes and the seller was DW Partners / Domain Real Estate Partners.