Image by Muhammad Abubakar from Pixabay.
Arizona has 3 of the Top 30 most sought-after cities for renters
The newly released RentCafe.com Rental Activity Report ranks 150 cities based on renters’ interest in moving this August. Chandler, Gilbert and Peoria are among the Top 30 most sought-after cities for renters this month, setting a record for popularity for Arizona with three cities ranked so high.
Here are the highlights:
- Gilbert jumped 27 positions landing on #22 among the most sought-after cities for renters, while Peoria went up 14 positions securing #29.
- These Phoenix suburbs have gained massive popularity this rental season. Both Gilbert and Peoria started out in April at the bottom of the chart, at #114 and #133, respectively. In just three months, they managed to make their way to the top 30.
- The most impressive surge was registered by Chandler which jumped 68 positions. At #20, it is the highest ranked city in Arizona this month and throughout this entire rental season. It’s no wonder since the number of properties in Chandler saved as favorites by renters tripled compared to August last year.
- Phoenix has been making its way up slowly, but surely. Phoenix started out on #38 in April and landed on #34 in August due to increases in page views and properties saved as favorites.
Renting is now the new buying as high home prices and the peak rental season bring out more renters looking for apartments. Here is a look nationally:
- Arlington, VA, is the most sought-after city by U.S. renters, leading our top 30 for two consecutive months.
- The Midwest is this month’s most popular region with 10 cities in our ranking, including the 2nd, 3rd and 4th spots.
- New York City boroughs the Bronx and Queens climbed closer to the top spot, with major hubs like Chicago, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., still among renters’ favorites.
Here’s the full August report on rental activity in America’s 150 largest cities: https://www.rentcafe.com/blog/rental-market/market-snapshots/rentcafe-rental-activity-report/