As construction moves rapidly and Block 23 in Downtown Phoenix continues to take shape, RED Development announced today its first restaurant tenant, Blanco Tacos & Tequila, a Fox Restaurant Concept (FRC) that will open at the mixed-use destination by the end of 2019.
As the sixth location for the brand, the 6,997 square-foot restaurant will expand Sam Fox’s presence in Downtown Phoenix and complement The Arrogant Butcher, a Sam Fox restaurant, located directly across the street at CityScape Phoenix.
“This will be a bigger and brighter Blanco experience, specifically created for Phoenix’s downtown life. The bar will be as busy as our dining room all day long, and the menu will have new items to complement our classics,” said Founder, Sam Fox. “We are thrilled to open this new Blanco as a part of the Block 23 project and join The Arrogant Butcher downtown.
The modern, ultra-fresh Mexican restaurant has been a Valley favorite since it first debuted in 2007 and serves up a twist on Mexican food favorites with everything from award-winning BBQ Pork tacos and Machaca enchiladas to Vegetable fajitas, Mexican chopped salads and more. Tequila-based cocktails round out the menu.
This announcement comes on the heels of RED announcing its first office tenant last month, Ernst & Young, that just signed a 20,000 square-foot office lease.
Quick Highlights on Block 23:
• Block 23 will be home to the area’s first grocery store by Fry’s Food Stores. The urban grocery concept will be the most technologically advanced grocery store in the state.
• The development also includes a 230,000 square-foot office building, ground-floor restaurants and retail, approximately 330 apartments by StreetLights Residential and above- and below-grade parking.
• The office tower at Block 23 will top out in January followed by the apartment tower in February.
• Completion is expected by the end of 2019.
• RED is hosting a “Topping Off” event 1/22 to celebrate the construction milestone.
• Focused on community, creativity and commerce, Block 23 continues RED Development’s commitment to the urban core of Phoenix and marks CityScape’s expansion to 2nd Street.