AZ Big Media, the team behind such publications as Az Business, AZRE, Ranking Arizona and Experience AZ, has unveiled its latest publication, Az Business Angels.
“The mission of Az Business Angels is to help create an alliance that will give new hope to nonprofits and inspire businesses to make it their mission to connect, volunteer and give back to the communities they serve,” says Mike Atkinson, president and CEO of AZ Big Media.
To help shape the content of Az Business Angels, AZ Big Media assembled an editorial advisory board made up of community leaders who have a major impact on the nonprofit sector. They are:
• Deborah Bateman, vice chairman of the board of directors, National Bank of Arizona
• Tyler Butler, founder and principal, 11Eleven Consulting
• Derrick Hall, CEO, Arizona Diamondbacks
• Kristen Merrifield, CEO, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits
• Alfredo J. Molina, owner and CEO, Molina Fine Jewelers
• Nicole Stanton, managing partner, Quarles & Brady
• Merl Waschler, CEO, Valley of the Sun United Way
Some of the stories featured in the first issue of Az Business Angels include:
• A look at the Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Arizona Chapter and the impact it has on the nonprofit sector and the professionals within the industry.
• Members of the Az Business Angels advisory board talk about challenges facing nonprofits, the benefits of corporate giving, how nonprofits impact the quality of life in Arizona, and how to effectively give back to the community.
• A look at 50 of the most philanthropic companies in Arizona.
• To help board members navigate the risks involved when joining nonprofit boards, experts offer “The seven deadly sins of nonprofit board members.”
• How nonprofits can capitalize on the latest technology and digital trends to boost their impact.
• A touching story about how an ATV Motocross champion sacrificed her competitive career to save the life of a boy she barely knew, but who needed a kidney.
To get a copy of the first issue of Az Business Angels, click here or call 602-277-6045.