OneAZ Credit Union appoints Central Regional president
OneAZ Credit Union has announced a new Central Regional President, Chip Griffith. In this role, Griffith is responsible for developing and implementing strategic market growth strategies in the Phoenix Metro area that support financial stability and optimize OneAZ Credit Union’s member centric organization.
Griffith brings more than 15 years of leadership experience in the financial services industry to OneAZ Credit Union, which recently celebrated reaching the $2 billion asset mark. After six years managing a consumer leading branch for HSBC, Griffith served in multiple leadership roles at MidFirst Bank including regional manager during which he supported the MidFirst Bank-ASU Partnership.
“I’m excited to leverage my prior roles and experience to lead the growth initiatives in the Phoenix market with OneAZ Credit Union,” says Griffth, adding, “Joining a world class member-centric organization that truly focuses on improving the lives of our members and associates is a pleasure.”
In his day-to day-responsibilities as Central Regional President, Griffith provides critical input for the annual business plan and budget; monitors results and recommends changes in direction; and provides leadership and overall direction and management of the operational functions of the region including directing branch leadership in the efficient and effective management of profitable branch locations.
Originally from the Pacific Northwest, Griffith moved to Arizona in 2001. He is an avid sports fan who enjoys spending his free time with his wife and two children.
UA grad takes on role at Banner Alzheimer’s Institute
Danielle Goldfarb, MD, is a neurologist and psychiatrist who recently joined esteemed colleagues at Banner Alzheimer’s Institute as the newest dementia specialist.
“Banner Alzheimer’s Institute continues to be exceptional and unique in terms of our multidisciplinary approach to patient care and the extensive resources available to patient and families,” said Dr. Goldfarb. “There is also groundbreaking research with numerous promising clinical trials that I am very excited to be a part of.”
Before making the move to Phoenix, Dr. Goldfarb completed a Neurodegenerative Disease Research Fellowship with the Memory & Aging Program at Butler Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. In this role, Dr. Goldfarb specialized in assisting with research and in clinical trials.
Dr. Goldfarb is no stranger to Arizona as she was part of The University of Arizona’s College of Medicine – Phoenix campus’ first graduating class. She received her doctorate degree in medicine back in spring 2011. Dr. Goldfarb became interested in specializing in dementia while in school where she worked with the Hospice of the Valley in their dementia program and was involved with their “end of life” support group.
As a Massachusetts native, Dr. Goldfarb and her husband decided to move back to Phoenix where they originally met to be closer to friends and found themselves with new career growth opportunities.
Offerpad expands leadership team
Brian Bair and Jerry Coleman founded Offerpad in 2015 with a vision of developing a better solution for people looking to sell or buy a home. With the experience of thousands of homes bought, sold and renovated; the duo had a deep understanding of the challenges people faced through the traditional real estate process. Currently in eight markets, the company is experiencing triple-digit growth year-over-year. Offerpad is currently executing $150+ million in real estate transactions per month and is on a run rate of $2 billion for the year. The tremendous growth of the company within a newly defined real estate landscape has positioned Offerpad as a leader in the market.
“The company is evolving quickly at every level. I’m excited to expand our leadership team to continue providing our customers with the best way to buy and sell a home,” said Brian Bair. “New additions, along with adjustments to our current structure, will further enhance Offerpad’s capabilities and facilitate company growth.”
Brian Bair will serve as Offerpad’s sole chief executive officer and Jerry Coleman, Offerpad founder and board member, will focus on capital raising and high-level initiatives and relationships. Matt Bohn, current chief operating officer, will transition to chief strategy officer and be responsible for driving corporate strategy, partnerships and new market expansion.
Rahim Lakhani joins Offerpad as chief operating officer and chief of staff. Prior to Offerpad, he was with AB InBev where he held multiple roles, including CFO India where he led a team of 110 employees delivering significant growth in cash flow and operating leverage, and global treasury in New York, where he helped generate over $500m in P&L benefits via tax optimization and risk management. In addition, he was vice president, securitized products at Deutsche Bank’s capital markets group.
In addition to Lakhani’s hire, Arindam Bose, chief product and analytics officer joined the company in April 2018. Bose has more than 20 years in consumer lending and banking. Most recently, he was President at Nationwide Credit, where he led the company through a financial turnaround and conceptualized and built a web-based collection channel, taking it from zero to 30 percent of the firm’s revenues. Prior to Nationwide, Arindam spent 11 years at Capital One, specializing in analytics and consumer behavior driven innovations in product, pricing and servicing.
Axolotl Biologix announces Medical Advisory Board
Axolotl Biologix, an innovative biotechnology leader in regenerative medicine, announced its Medical Advisory Board. Among the tasks of international team of highly esteemed physicians is to begin clinical trials immediately using Axolotl Biologix’s AxoBioFluid®A, an ambient temperature stored liquid allograft derived from the amniotic components of the placenta to advance soft tissue repair, replacement and reconstruction.
“We are proud to bring together this team of internationally respected physicians to further the evolving field of regenerative medicine through clinical trials with AxoBioFluid®A,” says Axolotl Biologix President, Phillip Larson. “Axolotl Biologix is dedicated to advancing regenerative biotechnologies that deliver high value for clinicians while improving patient outcomes under strict standards in accordance with all FDA guidelines. Guided by this high-powered board of medical experts, we look forward to further positioning Axolotl Biologix products as a leader in regenerative medicine.”
Members of Axolotl Biologix’s new Medical Advisory Board includes:
- Dr. Shah Askari, DPM, Arizona Institute of Footcare Physicians in Mesa, Arizona
- Dr. Terry Bagley, M.D. ,FAAPR, Physician at Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital and Prescott Valley Spine & Sports in Prescott Valley, Arizona
- Dr. Jimmy Chow, M.D., partner Hedley Orthopaedic Institute and Director of Orthopaedics: Hip & Joint Surgery at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona
- Dr. Michael J. Coughlin, M.D., Director, Coughlin Foot and Ankle Clinic, Saint Alphonsus, Boise, Idaho and Professor of Orthopaedics, University of California – San Francisco
- Dr. Mark Glazebrook, M.D., FRCSC, MSc., Ph.D., Orthopedic Surgeon, QEII Health Sciences Centre and Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia
- Dr. Parul Goel, M.D., Interventional Pain Physician, Barrow Brain and Spine in Phoenix, Arizona
- Dr. Richard Heuser, M.D., FACC, FACP, FESC, FSCAI, Chief of Cardiology at St. Luke’s Medical Center, Professor of Medicine at University of Arizona School of Medicine in Phoenix, Arizona
- Dr. Ajay Mhatre, M.D., Interventional Cardiologist, Phoenix Heart Center in Phoenix, Arizona
- Dr. Matthew Ranson, M.D., M.S., Interventional Spine and Pain Management Specialist and Anesthesiologist, Gateway Anesthesia and Pain Associates in Mesa, Arizona
- Dr. Richard Silverstein, DPM, Podiatrist, Division Head of the Podiatry Section Dept. of Surgery at Harford Memorial Hospital and Union Foot Care in Havre de Grace, Maryland
- Dr. Paul Stone, DPM, MBA, FACFAS, Castle Rock Foot & Ankle Care in Colorado, Director of the Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center’s Foot and Ankle Residency Program in Denver
- Dr. Thomas Wall, M.D., Ph.D., Orthopedic Surgeon, The Athletic Institute of Medicine, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Dr. Alastair Younger, M.B., Ch.B., M.Sc., Ch.M, FRCSC, Orthopaedic Surgeon, St, Paul’s Hospital and Director of British Columbia’s Foot and Ankle Clinic
- Dr. Kerry Zang, DPM, Founder, Arizona Institute of Footcare Physicians in Mesa, Arizona