El Conquistador Tucson announces 2018 artist portfolio
In continued celebration of Oro Valley’s rich and diverse local art culture, El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort has announced its 2018 portfolio of artists who will be showcasing their work in the resort’s art forum – The Artist’s Nest.
Situated at the base of the Santa Catalina Mountains, the newly renovated and renamed El Conquistador Resort recently unveiled The Artist’s Nest off the main lobby which presents an art collection from a different local artist each month. The artists are free to showcase whatever medium they wish from paintings and sculptures to ceramics and photography and are encouraged to spend time at the resort putting on live demonstrations for guests looking to experience the local arts and culture. All art is available for purchase with all proceeds going directly to the artists.
“There’s such a prominent art community in Oro Valley and we really want to support the local culture while giving our guests a richer, uniquely Southwest, experience,” said Ghee Alexander, general manager of El Conquistador Resort. “We have more than 20 pieces of art displayed at all times throughout the property and each individual piece portrays its own distinct story.”
Resort guests and locals are invited to come experience current and upcoming installations at The Artist’s Nest, including pieces from the following artists:
- Eric Jabloner: In the span of 35 years, Eric has traveled to many locations as an artist, illustrator and mural artist creating fine art, public art and museum exhibits.
- Tucson Pastel Society: Specializing in the dry pastel medium, The Tucson Pastel Society unites local artists, nurtures artistic growth and creates awareness of the versatility of pastel fine art within the community.
- Cima Mehr: Cima combines the three mediums of photography, fashion illustration and painting to produce unique multimedia art pieces and installations.
- Bonnie Pisik: Bonnie is a professional artist specializing in the unique art form of reverse-painting on glass.
- Eli Farias: Eli is known for his abstract artistry and specializes in graffiti expressionism.
- Karen Gauci: Karen specializes in Southwest-inspired mosaics.
- Barbara Mulleneux: Barbara uses pallet knives to create fine art oil paintings.
- Cynthia Miller: Cynthia’s work has been featured in a number of galleries nationally in a range of mediums including enameling, metal sculpture and watercolor painting.
The Artist’s Nest is one of many experiences El Conquistador Resort has introduced as part of a major multimillion dollar renovation that was completed last year. The transformation also included a brand-new look and feel to the resort’s 428 guestrooms and 139 casitas and new indoor/outdoor amenities.
For more information on El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort visit https://www.hiltonelconquistador.com/.