Beck playing Friday at the 2016 McDowell Mountain Music Festival. He started jamming on the scene in the 90s, well into the 21st century (Photo by Mike Mertes, AZ Big Media)
7 classic artists coming to Arizona soon
Many artists, new and old come to Arizona to perform before their fans. While some artists may be well past their prime, as they continue to tour, there are some that you’ll just keep coming to see.
We’ve compiled a list of a few must see artists who rocked the hardest in another era, and who are coming to Arizona this July:
- The masters behind those groovy hits like “Crimson Clover” and “Crystal Blue Persuasion,” Tommy James and the Shondells are coming to Talking Stick Resort this Saturday, June 25. You won’t want to miss out on this awesome performance.
- You may never see Pink Floyd together (or be able to afford a ticket to the Desert Trip where Roger Waters is playing) but you can see Brit Floyd. The tribute band to the ultimate psychedelic band is coming to Comerica Theatre on Friday, July 1.
- Ted Nugent is coming to the Celebrity Theatre on Friday, July 1. If you were a fan of the “Stranglehold,” “Cat Scratch Fever” and many others than you’ll want to check out this show.
- “Saturday, in the park, I think it was the Fourth of July…” it may be two days late, but Chicago will be at the Celebrity Theatre on Wednesday, July 6. to play some classic tunes you won’t want to miss.
- The man behind one of the greatest psychedelic albums ever created is coming to the Celebrity Theatre on Saturday, July 9. Brian Wilson, the visionary behind the Beach Boys’ album Pet Sounds will be here to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the album.
- If you’ve been feeling a little more bluesy lately, Robert Cray may be just what the doctor ordered. He’ll be jamming out his classics like “Smoking Gun” and “The Forecast (Calls for Pain)” because the only way to get the blues out, is to play the blues.
- The eternally hip and cool Boz Scaggs is coming the Mesa Arts Center on Tuesday, July 26 to play the classics you love. Be sure to lido shuffle all as he plays.
Did we miss any other awesome concerts? Sound off in the comments below about any great shows you can’t wait to see.