It’s not just about the destination; the journey there is what makes it an unforgettable adventure.
We’ve all heard this before, right? From point A to point B, departure to arrival, and everything in between should be just as exciting and eventful. And never before has this been more true than during my breathtaking and relaxing trip to the Grand Canyon via the Grand Canyon Railway.
You’ll experience a side of Arizona you’ll otherwise never have the opportunity to experience aboard this two-and-a-half hour train ride. Atop plains and dry desert and winding through Ponderosa pine forests, the train’s route cuts through varying landscapes.
Along the way, musical acts and entertainment will stroll from car to car, and you’ll learn about the culture and history of the northern Arizona area. Of course, there are a few surprises, too.
We even have a video below featuring some highlights and sights one will witness while on board the Grand Canyon Railway. And this video inspired us to take things one step further … a video contest.
From now until August 31, 2011, share your vacation, trip and Arizona-based adventure highlights with us in a less-than-2-minute video. And you can use any video recording device, whether it be a cell phone, iPad, Flip, video camera, etc.
It can look like the video below or you can put your own twist on it — whatever you’d like to do. Just be sure to credit yourself in the video and use original or royalty-free images and sound. And, of course, the videos must have been filmed in Arizona.
Record, edit, and upload!
Video Contest Requirements
- Time: less than 2 minutes
- Content (images, sound, etc.) must be original or royalty free.
- Video must be filmed in Arizona and must focus on one attraction/location.
- Post the video to YouTube.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to the video, a paragraph description of the video, as well as your contact information, including your name, email and phone number.
- We will call and email if you win.
Thrills, Chills & Trills: The Prizes
The winner is determined based on originality and creativity.
The winner will receive:
Bonus: Submissions we receive by July 31, 2011 will be entered to win:
- 4 tickets to the Wet ‘n’ Wild in Phoenix for August
Film editing tools:
If you have any questions, please contact Kristine Cannon at email@example.com or call 602-277-6045.