One of the homes that will be featured at the Tiny Home Street of Dreams. (Photo courtesy of Maricopa County Home Shows)
DIY and more at Maricopa County Home and Garden Show
The event is showcasing the 2017 Tiny Home Street of Dreams, a master plan community of tiny homes with over a dozen livable tiny mansions, micro homes, prairie style cottages and more.
The event will also feature:
- Local Unique Artisans: One-of-a-kind, handmade, recycled and reclaimed home furniture and décor that will make your home uniquely yours.
- DIY workshops and presentations: Featuring a hands on DIY cabinet painting demo, DIY Artificial Grass and Putting Green installation, Transform an old door into a shabby-chic industrial bar, Furniture flips, Painting, Repurposing and so much more.
- Expert Gardening advice: U of A Master Gardeners and the Metro Phoenix Rose Society will offer free seminars all day/every day on how to maintain and grow roses, vibrant vegetables, attract hummingbirds and butterflies, prevent frost and more.
- Enjoy the tastes of Tuscan cuisine: Learn to cook like a true Tuscan with garlic, baby basil and rosemary, with take home recipes for all who attend.
- Receive a free Arizona State Park pass: Attend a State Parks seminar to receive a free one-day park pass
- Enter to win $15,000 in prizes: The 7th Annual Heroes Raffle benefits the 100 Club of Arizona.
- Free wine tasting: Explore Old World wines with tasting experiences throughout the show.
“We’re proud to kick off the 25th year of Maricopa County Home and Garden Shows with a hands-on January event,” said show manager, Katie Jones. “This year, the show has a special focus on local businesses and customized DIY experiences that let attendees get their hands dirty, ask questions and try projects for themselves.”
The show is $8 daily for adults, kids aged 3-12 are $3 and children two and under are free with anyone being allowed in free between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. on the Friday of the event. And on Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., seniors are only $1, while folks with military identification can get in for $2 during the course of the event. If you bring in a 24-count case of bottled water at the parking entrances for the show, you receive two free tickets to the show. The water will be donated to the 100 Club of Arizona.