Executive Chef Chris Mayo has launched a revamped menu this month at Central Bistro located at 3160 E. Camelback Rd. Mayo took the reigns at Central Bistro in March of 2014 and has been working on the newly released menu for several months.
“Central Bistro is Arcadia’s answer to modern American food. This menu has evolved significantly from a strong focus on French and Italian cuisine. Instead we are taking our culinary inspiration from all over the globe to prepare dishes that are at once distinct and familiar,” said Mayo.
Central Bistro’s new lunch and dinner menus feature everything from farm-fresh salads, oven-baked fish, succulent steaks and crave-worthy desserts. Many Central Bistro favorites—like the signature “Drunk Bread” appetizer, Thai steak salad and Wild Mushroom Pizza—will remain on the menu with the new additions.
New dishes include:
- Wild Mushroom Risotto with truffle and herbs ($18)
- Tuna Sashimi Salad with chopped greens, pickled vegetables, cilantro, mint and Asian pear ($18)
- Hard Cider Glazed Pork Shank with Swiss chard and cannellini bean ragout ($27)
- CB All’Amatriciana with bucatini, house made guanciale, caramelized tomato sauce and pecorino crema ($22)
- Grilled Octopus Fusilli with Uni Butter ($28)
- Handmade Burrata with fried Brussels Sprouts, Calabrian chili marmalade and rosemary breadcrumbs ($14)
“The handmade burrata is a true ‘home run’ dish. I look forward to hearing rave reviews from our customers,” said Mayo, who added, “Our goal is to offer a wide enough selection that diners can eat at Central Bistro on a regular basis and not get bored.”
Kids also have a new menu offering an array of eats for discerning youthful palates. Young diners eat free from 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. with the purchase of an adult entrée.
An expansive wine menu and specialty cocktails crafted by Osio Culinary Group’s Beverage Director, Bill Degroot, enhance Central Bistro’s menu.
The restaurant’s rich interior, a combination of exposed brick, dark floors, and an inviting bar area surrounded by windows, and two large patios complete the dining experience.
Central Bistro opened in 2010 and has served as the perfect location for business lunch, lively happy hours and family brunches—plus every occasion in between.